the Big John project

Great project. I have often thought of starting something like this on my Kubota. My son has a JD 317 with Hydraulics he has let sit as well.
So watching your progress with great interest..;)

FYI, A lot of common printers nowadays can do double sided printing. No need to go to kinkos if you know a guy. :wave:

Wow that looks like a lot of work, but you will have one cool tractor when done!

Is that your workshop the tractor is parked in?

Looking forward to the build!

Cheers!

When I was a kid saw a Bolens lawn tractor with a front end loader on it. Wanted it so bad for cleaning out horse stalls. Still would be handy in our pony barn for the hog and calf pens. But hey, grandkids are starting to get big enough, when they outgrow pitching manure it will be time to quit having livestock! Nice build, would be handy here so if you can't find enough work for it to truly test it, I will offer to help you out on that situation!:thumb:

Well, Jon, as a kid, I liked playing in the dirt. Now I will have a toy to play with in the dirt! Seriously, I see a lot of digging and hauling if I ever get approval from the county to build my house. :rolleyes:

I got some more sheet metal off of it last night. Taking pictures and documenting it all so I have a chance to get it all back together again. The log and picture editing take as much time as the disassembly! The goal now it to get the engine out. Then I can drain the tranny and find someone to rebuild it. Serious leak under it. :doh: Above my pay grade. Years ago I twisted wrenches when racing cars, so I can recognize a muffler from a spark plug. But tranny work was left to the real pros. No experience there.

Brent, awesome guy that he is, is taking care of a certain print job for me. Family comes through again! And yesterday I found the parts manual for this machine on line. Got an email this morning that it is in the mail to me. It has exploded drawings which ought to be invaluable. And there was a mod to the backhoe plans to increase the digging depth to 8+ feet. I am planning on an earthtube air system in the house. I need a minimum of 5 feet for that. Lots of footer to be dug as well.

Ought to be an interesting year.

This weekend the robotics guys have their competition. That means they are moving out of the shop and I can get some work in on the CNC as well. I need the big panel saw but I have not been able to get near it for the last couple of weeks. Two projects at one time, and both of them big and complex. Wonder what got mixed in my oatmeal?

But it is so good to be able to get back at stuff like this. I am one happy camper! :D

Oh, and there may be a new day job on the horizon as well. Will know more next week sometime.