Pricing differences

I only carry 3 "reward" cards for the grocer's we frequent, but my wife has a whole key ring filled with a couple dozen from when she did most of the shopping... I think she's still carrying a few from Houston where we lived 12 years ago. Most of the cards have your phone number in them (if you give it out) and the stores can look you up that way.

I don't carry any of the cards...I just punch in my phone number and her the "savings".

More and more local restaurants here are employing "rewards programs" that really do pay off. I get regular offers sent to my phone (as text messages) from a nearby italian place that has great food for good prices. Tonight I redeemed a buy one/get one offer. I came home with two huge dinners (penne chicken alfredo and lasagna), either of which will feed two people. I ended up with four good dinners, for a total of $10.67. :thumb: I'll be freezing the lasagna and will have leftover chicken alfredo on another night.

I don't carry any of the cards...I just punch in my phone number and her the "savings".

More and more local restaurants here are employing "rewards programs" that really do pay off. I get regular offers sent to my phone (as text messages) from a nearby italian place that has great food for good prices. Tonight I redeemed a buy one/get one offer. I came home with two huge dinners (penne chicken alfredo and lasagna), either of which will feed two people. I ended up with four good dinners, for a total of $10.67. :thumb: I'll be freezing the lasagna and will have leftover chicken alfredo on another night.

Don't think our restaurants here are using any rewards programs, except KFC... they give out little cards that they stamp when you go in... after 8 meals, you get one free plus they have a senior discount ... we eat there often enough to get a freebie about every 3-4 months. Wish the local Mexican restaurant would... we're there more often than at KFC.

LOL .. some folks are just born stupid...I have watched people on ebay, years ago, I don't do ebay anymore...just saying..lol...but I have seen people get into a bidding war on something and if you look it up, it has a buy it now price cheaper then what these idiots are bidding, not a little bit cheaper, but alot cheaper...I have to wonder why are these people still bidding, just go buy it already...jeez...do they not understand how to SEARCH...google is your friend...lol...I search the (you know what) out something before I even think about buying, somewhere..someone ..is selling it for less and free shipping, gotta get free shipping, that is where the savings is....

There are many people apparently addicted to Ebay and bid for the thrill of "winning" a bid. Good for the sellers but sooper stoopid.

Of course, there is the other side to this, I know people that will drive 30 miles out of their way to get gas 3 cents a gallon cheaper. Course they burned a gallon or more to get there. When I go on a trip towing my RV my BIL will give me a printout of the cheapest places to get fuel along the trip. Most are several miles off my beaten path. Like I'm going to tow that trailer around town to look for some station that I can't get into and out of. I look for ease of getting to the pump and back to the freeway. I thank him and toss it...

Of course, there is the other side to this, I know people that will drive 30 miles out of their way to get gas 3 cents a gallon cheaper. Course they burned a gallon or more to get there. When I go on a trip towing my RV my BIL will give me a printout of the cheapest places to get fuel along the trip. Most are several miles off my beaten path. Like I'm going to tow that trailer around town to look for some station that I can't get into and out of. I look for ease of getting to the pump and back to the freeway. I thank him and toss it...

Paul, if you have a smart phone, look into the Gas Buddy app. It's been real handy for me when I'm traveling. It uses GPS to know where you are, and it shows you gas prices for nearby stations. I agree with you, I'm not going to drive very far out of my way to save a few cents per gallon, but I like Gas Buddy because it'll show me the stations that I wouldn't know about otherwise in an unfamiliar town that are not right on the Interstate. In a lot of cases, those stations are quite a bit less expensive, and maybe only a half mile or so off my path.