Working on another plaque

steve kelly

I thought I would show you what the plaque looks like before I get started blending in the different levels. This one is a little easier then some of the others I did because it is strictly a side view.P1120999.jpgP1130001.jpgP1130002.jpgP1130002.jpg

Hi Paul...Wasn't sure what a CNC was...I checked it out on the internet....interesting piece of equipment but Way beyond my pay scale....I'll just stick to using a hand held Dremel. I'm not against using machines like this...especially if you are in the business of selling wall Plaques... Not really cost effective for making a few plaques as a hobby.... I do use a drill, a bandsaw, and a chop saw....But, I much more enjoy using the human element of achievement as much as possible that I wouldn't get from using a CNC machine that does the work for you....And besides....My first love is carving jointed wood dolls of different people and I can't see where a CNC could help with that.

Because of minimum wage escalation I see that McDonalds is using robots instead of people. http://newsexaminer.net/food/mcdonalds-to-open-restaurant-run-by-robots/ ...I'm not sure that-that is such a good thing....But at the same time....it may be the only means of survival for McDonalds.