I was working on my router table routing out the prayer/concerns card holders for the back of the pews at my church (I know, I know, pics to come soon). I noticed the cut was going pretty slow and could smell a little smoke. I stopped, turned off the machine and saw smoke rising from the cuttings. I could also see the glowing of embers.
I had recently hooked up my router table to my DC collection system and realized that some of the smouldering chips probably make it into the collection bag. I emptied out the bag into a plastic trash bag and threw it outside. I also disconnected the 4" hose and blew it out with compressed air just in case there was something hiding in there.
The bag has not burst into flames yet and my basement hasn't caught on fire so I guess I'm safe.
When I think of the potential disaster that could of been, I shake in my boots and offer up a thanks.