not a hillbilly pick up

Definitely not a hillbilly pick up, for sure. I think it's basically the same thing as that Chevy Avalanche or whatever it's called. Lincoln has one as well. Don't see them much because me thinks you gotta have big bucks to have one. I am sure either one is a bit more than I would ever spend on a pick up. Well, maybe. Guess I dunno.

The Escalade EXT pickup never really took off sales-wise for Cadillac. They stopped selling them in 2013. That's the same year that it was rated one of the ten worst selling vehicles of the year. (1,972 units sold.) That's also the year Chevy stopped making the Avalanche.

Lincoln's truck, the Mark LT, had a similar path to mediocrity. A re-badged F-150, the Mark LT only lasted from 2005 to 2008 in the US. Sales continued until 2014 in Mexico. It has been somewhat replaced by the Ford F-150 Platinum. I'm with Dave...I expect my truck to get a bit dirty.

I've had to have two of my girlfriend's cars repaired because mice get under the hood and chew wiring. To keep that from happening, we now spray the tires with that scent bait made from fox urine. All tires on my place have that on them now. Twofold reasoning: keeps the mice away and even seems to keep the grackles from pooping on the vehicles; and second, what thief is gonna stand around a car or truck that smells like that? :rofl: You don't smell it inside, but you do outside. It's fun watching people in parking lots walk by your vehicle looking around to see if they stepped in something. Just a bit of my sick humor. It's my way. Can't help myself. :D

Dave,
I got a chuckle out of your description of your truck in the parking lot.. just imagined seeing some lady in high heels and fancy dress stopping to look at the bottom of her shoes...:rofl::rofl:

Along that line, here were we live we have two options to get rid of garbage, burn it in a barrel or haul it to town to the refuse center... seems to be the way most of east Tennessee works... I haul mine, so it accumulates in the back of the truck for a day or two until I run into town. We came home yesterday and when the wife got out of the car, her nose wrinkled and she looked around and said is that the garbage.... at first I agreed with her, then noticed that the Bradford Pears were in full blossom... not a pleasant smell.:eek:.. they look pretty from a distance though. For the next week or so we are going to have a stink in the air. :(

I've had to have two of my girlfriend's cars repaired because mice get under the hood and chew wiring. To keep that from happening, we now spray the tires with that scent bait made from fox urine. All tires on my place have that on them now. Twofold reasoning: keeps the mice away and even seems to keep the grackles from pooping on the vehicles; and second, what thief is gonna stand around a car or truck that smells like that? :rofl: You don't smell it inside, but you do outside. It's fun watching people in parking lots walk by your vehicle looking around to see if they stepped in something. Just a bit of my sick humor. It's my way. Can't help myself. :D

Thanks for the tip on keeping critters away from your car. I recently had my Ford Focus station wagon burn to a crisp.:eek: Really. I'm sure it was caused by chipmunks building a nest and storing acorns on top of the engine. I now scatter moth balls around where our cars are parked.
And, yes, the expensive pick-up seems to be a contradiction. I wouldn't haul hogs in one. Stupid extravagance.

I imagine that stuff will keep chipmunks away as well. I also bought some mini burlap bags and stuffed them with cedar shavings and have them by the battery and other places where they will stay put. The Ford dealership told me about that one as well as rolling a bunch Bounce dryer sheets and doing that also. He specified Bounce. Since doing all three things, nothing has chewed wires. I was told once that all this can be avoided if the wire manufacturers would change the formula for the insulation. Something in it smells good to critters. But I guess this way they sell more wire. And Chuck, it is hilarious to see reactions with that stuff, especially right after you sprayed the tires whiles it's still fresh. We redo it about every two weeks. I didn't know about those Bradford Pears. AWK!!! I imagine your truck might get a bit ripe in the summer.

Do people with Cadillac and Lincoln pickups haul anything other than groceries and purchases that come in cardboard boxes? Heck, they'd hate to get a scratch on their toys.

I ran over a skunk in my old 1966 Plymouth Fury once. For the rest of the week, I parked it at work next to the same young lady's brand new Mustang every day for a week. I could see her from my office window, stopping and sniffing, and wondering where the smell came from. I told her, eventually, and she got a laugh out of it.

I ran over a skunk in my old 1966 Plymouth Fury once. For the rest of the week, I parked it at work next to the same young lady's brand new Mustang every day for a week. I could see her from my office window, stopping and sniffing, and wondering where the smell came from. I told her, eventually, and she got a laugh out of it.

When I was a kid, my dad ran over a skunk with our old '41 Ford... we had to park the car at the barn for almost 2 weeks...

There are a lot of skunk tales out there! I remember one night when I was a kid my brother and I were chasing what we thought was a raccoon and it stopped and nailed me. Not us. ME!!! Me and me only. Had to ride a long ways in the back of the pickup. Cold that night. Not fun.

As Frank says, folks is funny critters. Years ago, my neighbor raised feeder pigs for the 4H kids. She had a customer that came for her kid's 40 pound pig every year and picked it up in her 'old' Mercedes. Cracked us up every year, too.

For a real pickup truck try the International that is made from the tractor that is used to haul the trailers on the roads. Saw this humungous pickup at the drugstore one store one day, took a photo of my wife standing beside it and I don't think that her head even reached as high as the headlights.

So I waited until the guy came out of the store and he said that they were made in the early 2000's but only for a couple of years.

For a real pickup truck try the International that is made from the tractor that is used to haul the trailers on the roads. Saw this humungous pickup at the drugstore one store one day, took a photo of my wife standing beside it and I don't think that her head even reached as high as the headlights.

So I waited until the guy came out of the store and he said that they were made in the early 2000's but only for a couple of years.

I saw one a few years ago in my neighborhood in the Los Angeles area.

Andy's Truck 1 800T.jpg

The guy was dropping off his cans and bottles at the recycling place. Probably to help pay for fuel. :D

Actually, Vaughn, that was probably a diesel motor in that truck. My diesel truck gets better mileage than my former (but newer) gas powered van did.

Yeah, I'm sure it was a diesel, Carol. I've seen a couple of those trucks set up as hot air balloon chase vehicles, too. The pickup bed gets replaced with a cargo/camper box. Add a lift gate to load the heavy stuff, and you have the ultimate balloon crew ride.