Easter feast

Sounds like a good feast! :drool: I think we've got some Springfield Cashew Chicken (the original) in our future this week as we pass through Springfield on the way back from my wife's grandparents. Probably as close to a feast as we'll get for Easter unless I fire up the smoker.

I used Alton Browns Corned Beef Recipe.

Prep was simple as can be, just put the brine together and put it in a 2 gallon ziplock with the brisket.

http://altonbrown.com/corned-beef-recipe/

(Note, the recipe I used called for using Pink Salt, aka Prague Powder #1. I've got that on hand for making jerky cures and such, it helps prevent the meat from spoiling and is what gives corned beef that pink color)

Turned out great. A little different spice taste than the store bought, but that was quite ok with me.

HomeMadeCornedBeef.jpg

Last edited:
Brent did you cook as direction says, or was it done in a smoker? It looks like the brisket was really tasty.
Can't beat the smoker now that it's warmer.
David

Did it in the slow cooker per directions, but I've made the store bought ones in the smoker before and they turn out great.

I think its actually pretty hard to screw up a corned beef though, as long as you do it slow and low.