I Guess I Have a Mean Streak

Dave Hoskins

I have a porch outside my computer room. Hanging on the porch is a hummingbird feeder as well as a regular bird feeder. There is a female squirrel that keeps banging the regular feeder around to get the sunflower seeds from it. Which kinda aggravates me as that feeder is for the birds, not her. The squirrels have their own feeder set up and it always has sunflower seeds in it. So, being a devious sort of person that I am I took my remote controlled fart machine and set it on a chair by the feeder. I already tested it to make sure when I sit at the computer the remote button works. Now I am waiting for the inevitable. Her showing up and me hitting the button. I am probably gonna wish I was not so cheap and had a video camera rigged up for this.

Wish I had a video camera. I waited until she was raiding the bird feeder and hit the button. She shot straight up and the next thing she was on a wood fence post about 25' away! Dumb squirrel came back for seconds and thirds. Haven't seen her since.

Can't argue too much with you on that, Paul. Sometimes they are fun to watch, and then they can be a pain other times. They really don't tear anything up here, so I just feed them daily under a tree that I have a feeder for them at, and just go on. What's fun to watch is when you see a squirrel trying to tell a roadrunner to go away. I've seen squirrel hair flying. Lot's of folks don't know it, but roadrunners can be pretty vicious. But I love them. They eat lots of grasshoppers. I've got a lot of them here and need more of them. They say suet draws them. Might have to try that.