Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to clear up some room in the shop.

Going to clear up some room in the shop.

so, I've got a pretty good size area of my shop that is taken up with sheet goods storage and a wood rack and some assorted boxes and stuff.

I swear, why do I have so much in the way of sheet goods? I need to use this stuff up, but in the mean time, It would be nice to just have a place to store it where it's handy.

So I bought an 8'x12' shed kit at Home depot. It should do the job nicely enough.

I figured for the price of the kit, I'd have a hard time sourcing the materials and getting things cut out etc.

It sure has been nice to just have all the parts pre-cut and ready.

Made some progress this weekend. Just a few more steps to put the roof on and finish it up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2068.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	95176
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Looks like that should do the job!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

You just need a covered porch for that dog house.

Should be nice to have the extra space in the shop.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

would have been all done if i had gotten up to your place brent a week or so ago
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Mee Tooo.

I'm gonna be makin a 10x12 one of those this spring - that is if the snow goes away

I priced the home depot 10x12 installed at $3000, and I priced the materials at about $1300.

I will build, mostly cause I will get exactly what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    would have been all done if i had gotten up to your place brent a week or so ago
    Hah! Would have been done in short order, with fewer 'Whoops!' moments I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Voisine View Post
    Mee Tooo.

I'm gonna be makin a 10x12 one of those this spring - that is if the snow goes away

I priced the home depot 10x12 installed at $3000, and I priced the materials at about $1300.

I will build, mostly cause I will get exactly what I want.
    This kit was 999, but I had to buy some additional materials, such as 2x4 to make a sturdier floor and roofing.

I learned that the instructions in this kit were right on the money and that they should be followed to the letter. Which is a little different that a lot of items like this.

The say it'd be 1999 installed. I'm not sure if that means they deliver and drop off an already built one, or if a team would show up and build it on site.

I figured why not do it my self and get the floor I want, put it where I want, and get the enjoyment of building it. I actually like doing things like this, and it's really not that difficult, but I didn't really hit it that hard since I had work/work to do as well as this over the weekend.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    looks great Brent now you will have the extra room you need to complete your Thanksgiving project........
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Just thinking that with all the sun you get you could put a solar powered fan in there and you could make yourself your own wood drying kiln
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Cool idea, well executed Brent, there are times when it pays to buy a kit like that. Strangely I been thinking of the same thing to make space to get the garage organized, but I will have to move mine plus I would be breaking code due to existing she'd which landlord is using.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    looks great Brent now you will have the extra room you need to complete your Thanksgiving project........
    Glad you said it, not me. Well, excuses are rapidly running out. Should be plenty of room in the shop now to get through the final stage of it done.