Going to clear up some room in the shop.

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
so, I've got a pretty good size area of my shop that is taken up with sheet goods storage and a wood rack and some assorted boxes and stuff.

I swear, why do I have so much in the way of sheet goods? I need to use this stuff up, but in the mean time, It would be nice to just have a place to store it where it's handy.

So I bought an 8'x12' shed kit at Home depot. It should do the job nicely enough.

I figured for the price of the kit, I'd have a hard time sourcing the materials and getting things cut out etc.

It sure has been nice to just have all the parts pre-cut and ready.

Made some progress this weekend. Just a few more steps to put the roof on and finish it up.

IMG_2068.jpg

Mee Tooo.

I'm gonna be makin a 10x12 one of those this spring - that is if the snow goes away :eek:

I priced the home depot 10x12 installed at $3000, and I priced the materials at about $1300.

I will build, mostly cause I will get exactly what I want.

would have been all done if i had gotten up to your place brent a week or so ago:)

Hah! Would have been done in short order, with fewer 'Whoops!' moments I'm sure.

Mee Tooo.

I'm gonna be makin a 10x12 one of those this spring - that is if the snow goes away :eek:

I priced the home depot 10x12 installed at $3000, and I priced the materials at about $1300.

I will build, mostly cause I will get exactly what I want.

This kit was 999, but I had to buy some additional materials, such as 2x4 to make a sturdier floor and roofing.

I learned that the instructions in this kit were right on the money and that they should be followed to the letter. Which is a little different that a lot of items like this.

The say it'd be 1999 installed. I'm not sure if that means they deliver and drop off an already built one, or if a team would show up and build it on site.

I figured why not do it my self and get the floor I want, put it where I want, and get the enjoyment of building it. I actually like doing things like this, and it's really not that difficult, but I didn't really hit it that hard since I had work/work to do as well as this over the weekend.

Cool idea, well executed Brent, there are times when it pays to buy a kit like that. Strangely I been thinking of the same thing to make space to get the garage organized, but I will have to move mine plus I would be breaking code due to existing she'd which landlord is using.

Cool idea, well executed Brent, there are times when it pays to buy a kit like that. Strangely I been thinking of the same thing to make space to get the garage organized, but I will have to move mine plus I would be breaking code due to existing she'd which landlord is using.

before I had my bigger shed, I had a small shed and then I built a smaller shed to hold my snow thrower. It was breaking code here, having 2 sheds, so I cut out large letters, CUJO, and hung it on the snow blower shed. I also purchased an electronic dog barker so whenever anyone got within 10 feet of the snow blower shed the dog would bark. I figured as long as its a doghouse, the village wont do anything, and no one will complain. Nosy neighbors.