It's Friday - 4/8/2016 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
TGIF! Supposed to be nice on Saturday and rain all day Sunday here. So that means yard work on Saturday, bathroom project on Sunday. I may be heading to the woodworking show Sunday though. Our guild is actually running the SawStop booth and they need folks to do the hot dog demos, which sounds like a blast. Still waiting to make sure I didn't commit to something with SWMBO before I can sign up.

What's on everyone else's plate?

It's moving day!

I've got my shed ready for paint, but it's not going to be painting weather this weekend, so I'll be moving 'stuff' into the shed and organizing the shop.

Looking forward to clearing out some space.

Shed_ReadyForPaint.jpg

I am compiling the next 4 years budget.

I still have my wall mount project on the CNC machine, doing some hand work on that one.

I may go out with Diane to look at siding and a bow window.

The next 4 years and going to be very busy.

Will hopefully be getting lots done around the house...choosing paint for living room, finalizing design for new mantel and side cabinets and then purchasing wood/ply for that. Friends having a Saturday afternoon bonfire though so that might get in the way...as I have some old broken fence pieces that need to be part of the bonfire. If you supply wood, you get to sip on some of the moonshine that will help start the bonfire...that's a good idea right? :huh: Happy Friday! :wave:

Actually, I am taking today off. Official goof-off day. Been pushing it pretty hard lately and I am giving in to exhaustion. Tomorrow is CNC building day at the maker's lab. Still working on the cabinet. Sunday it is back to work for me.

Some fence repairs and staining; plus start building a small shed. Seems like a common theme, shed building. Oh I forgot, it is time for my truck's annual washing. Interspersed among all that will be playing some golf and watching it...it is Master's weekend.

Continue putting in folding stair to attic. Have it in just need to fine tune and trim work. Past owners cut trusses without new support. Made to difficult to square and level. One 2x4 used as stringer had 6 penny nails holding it up to the truss. Hardly made in through the plank. That's the way things go in an older home. Such is life which is good.
David

It's moving day!

I've got my shed ready for paint, but it's not going to be painting weather this weekend, so I'll be moving 'stuff' into the shed and organizing the shop.

Looking forward to clearing out some space.

View attachment 95257

I'm psyched. Managed to move a bunch of stuff from the shop to the shed today. Supposed to be rainy and chilly all weekend, so I got the shed finished and filled all at the rigth time.

Now I can spend tomorrow sorting through stuff and doing a major reorg in the shop.

Now that should be fun.

Played a show Friday night at the Dragonhorn Tavern, one of our monthly stops. (We're booked there once a month until December...I think they like us, lol.)

Saturday I have yardwork to catch up on. Yesterday's rains hopefully softened things up a bit and will make weeding a bit easier. Also need to do some shuffling around of stuff in the garage to make room for the shelving units I've bringing over from my dad's place.

Sunday will start at the shooting range with the practical shooting club, and end up back in the garage moving stuff.

Past tense. My Shrine Club had it's annual circus. Succesful event that will allow us to continue us to help get children to the Shriner's Childrens Hospital in St. Louis. This me as Honorary Ringmaster, a role I play every year, with real Ringmaster Rebbecca.
Frank as Honorary Ringmaster with Ringmaster Rebbeca at Shrine Circus 2016.jpg

I'm psyched. Managed to move a bunch of stuff from the shop to the shed today. Supposed to be rainy and chilly all weekend, so I got the shed finished and filled all at the rigth time.

Now I can spend tomorrow sorting through stuff and doing a major reorg in the shop.

Now that should be fun.

Make sure to make room for that table your working on only got 227 days left....:stick: :rolleyes:

OK Now I know what I did this weekend. Six yards of mulch spread, a few feet of granite cobble stone walk laid and the first two butts of the season smoking and experiencing the 'Texas crutch' as I speak. Sneaking up on 185*....only 15* more and we pick!