ok, it just keeps getting worse

allen levine

I mentioned in last Fridays thread, a mechanic backed my truck into my other car. The body shop finished my car and I picked it up today, all was good.
this evening, we decided to meet my bil and sil for dinner at our favorite Italian spot.
we took elens car and parked it in front, at a meter, as weve done for the past 20 or so years.
when we came out, there was a couple standing there, and elens car had a nice dent on the front fender and bumper. when the guy tried to pull into the spot in front of her, he sideswiped her baby.
they were nice people, they waited for us, very apologetic.

so all 3 of our cars, in fender benders, and we weren't in any of them within one week.

My daughter suggested we stay home this weekend and order in Chinese food.

Man o Man, Allen. If it wasn't for bad luck I don't think you'd have any at all. Bart's suggestion might be the right thing. Or, get a tank. Get one of them armored personnel carriers.

Shame it happened again but cars can be fixed. I appreciate the fact that they stayed till you came back! Guess that means there still are honest people left in this world.

My problems always seem to happen in three's, so I think you're good for a while now, car wise anyway. Glad no one got hurt, but also glad you have more than one car, so one of them can be in the shop at a time and you still have wheels to get around with.

Charley

while Im thankful no one got hurt, being I wasn't driving or in any of my vehicles, it is a real pain in the neck, the inconvenience, having now to deal with insurance companies, and waiting on their people to fix my car. (I don't think Allstate is in any hurry to pay out to fix my car)
the other guys insurance company upset elen last night, after being super sweet on the phone, taking the info, asking if she needed a rental car, which we didn't think so, but it turns out she might, then after calling back allstate they seemed to give her a bit of a runaround stating the first agent was in error telling her shes entitled to a rental car until they first get in contact with the other party, the insurance holder, then the adjuster has to make an appointment to see the car, then after that, estimate the time of repair, then they will consider it and only then.

elen wont drive my little car, and she cant park the truck, so she wont have a car to drive.

Shame it happened again but cars can be fixed. I appreciate the fact that they stayed till you came back! Guess that means there still are honest people left in this world.

yep, but to be honest, Ive never had anyone in my family, or friends since Im driving, 40 something years have anyone sideswipe then when they were pulling into a parking spot in front of them. it was odd, but hey, accidents happen.

Geez, you've had a rough time, haven't you? Go lie down and have the rest of the year, or at least the week. A good rest will make you feel better. BTW, I went to the Philadelphia Furniture Show today, at your invitation. I'll post about it when i get back home.

wish you woulda contacted sooner than you did and I would have made plans for that instead.
how was the show? great stuff Im guessing. unique designs, master craftsmanship all the way?