Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly G0738 Hanging Air Filter on sale...

Grizzly G0738 Hanging Air Filter on sale...

Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Hmmm, my birthday is this week. I'll have to drop a few hints to the wife. Much better gift than slippers, underwear, and handkerchiefs
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Wow great deal....... but they want $230 to ship it to Japan
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

There is one factor that's important with these units .

They are little like the razor and the razor blade or the printer and the ink.

There are two filters in these air scrubbers. BTW I think they very effective and fantastic, but you need a strategy for filter replacement or they burn your pocket book and the unit then ceases to work.

Lucky you in USA can get access to companies that will make you a custom size filter at no premium if you order a few.

That will take care of the non standard pleated outside one, but the internal one is layers of material similar to the bag material on some dust collectors.

I used a furnace filter frame made of plastic designed for replaceable furnace filter material. Modified it and adapted it to the size and now can just buy my material in sheet format from HD at a fraction of the cost. This leads me to change it more often.
    But I have NOT solved the internal one yet. If anyone has a solution for this one please say so. It's the one that truly makes the fine particle size filtering work.

Also think they have lowered the motor size on this unit but not sure.
    cheers

That unit looks exactly like the unit I bought at woodcraft a few years back, same controls and remote. I paid way more than that on sale, don't remember exactly but it was high enough we drove down to Delaware to save the sales tax and I wouldn't have done that for 8 bucks.

I just listed mine on Craigslist then found this old post. It is still only 162 and I think I put mine on craigslist for 150 so I suspect it won't sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    There is one factor that's important with these units .

They are little like the razor and the razor blade or the printer and the ink.

There are two filters in these air scrubbers. BTW I think they very effective and fantastic, but you need a strategy for filter replacement or they burn your pocket book and the unit then ceases to work.

Lucky you in USA can get access to companies that will make you a custom size filter at no premium if you order a few.

That will take care of the non standard pleated outside one, but the internal one is layers of material similar to the bag material on some dust collectors.

I used a furnace filter frame made of plastic designed for replaceable furnace filter material. Modified it and adapted it to the size and now can just buy my material in sheet format from HD at a fraction of the cost. This leads me to change it more often.
    But I have NOT solved the internal one yet. If anyone has a solution for this one please say so. It's the one that truly makes the fine particle size filtering work.

Also think they have lowered the motor size on this unit but not sure.
    The external filter on my Jet is a standard 12" x 24" (if I recall correctly). I use good quality HEPA filters from the Borg, and use blue painter's tape to seal around the edge. When I was using it a lot, I'd get 5 or 6 months out of a filter, cleaning it occasionally with dusting brush on a shop vac. My internal filter has remained remarkably clean. Not perfect, but nowhere in need of replacement yet. (Granted, it hasn't gotten any use for the past few years, but it was getting nearly daily use in a pretty dusty environment for several years before that.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I built mine to use 12"x24" pleated furnace filters. The side door hinges are on the bottom so the door swings down to replace the filters. It also has a bag style filter on 12"x24" metal frame on the open end of of the bag. Grizzly used to sell these. For a while I had this filter system screwed to the ceiling right next to a light fixture so I couldn't open the door so I screwed metal flashing too the front of the box spaced out enough that I could slide 2 filters right in over the opening of the front of the box. If I hang it away from everything I could get 4 pleated filters 2 inside & 2 outside & the bag filter. But that would be a little overkill. The filters could be rotated forward inside toward outside but not really necessary because I used a vacuum brush like Vaughn to clean the outside filters several times a year. I'll add that I was given the squirrel fan . All other materials other than the bag filter & pleated filters were free scrap from a construction site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shop built filter 2.jpg   Shop built filter 1.jpg  
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 07-29-2016 at 06:25 PM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Nice job on the home built one Bart..
    Garry