Grizzly G0738 Hanging Air Filter on sale...

There is one factor that's important with these units .

They are little like the razor and the razor blade or the printer and the ink.

There are two filters in these air scrubbers. BTW I think they very effective and fantastic, but you need a strategy for filter replacement or they burn your pocket book and the unit then ceases to work.

Lucky you in USA can get access to companies that will make you a custom size filter at no premium if you order a few.

That will take care of the non standard pleated outside one, but the internal one is layers of material similar to the bag material on some dust collectors.

I used a furnace filter frame made of plastic designed for replaceable furnace filter material. Modified it and adapted it to the size and now can just buy my material in sheet format from HD at a fraction of the cost. This leads me to change it more often.
But I have NOT solved the internal one yet. If anyone has a solution for this one please say so. It's the one that truly makes the fine particle size filtering work.

Also think they have lowered the motor size on this unit but not sure.

That unit looks exactly like the unit I bought at woodcraft a few years back, same controls and remote. I paid way more than that on sale, don't remember exactly but it was high enough we drove down to Delaware to save the sales tax and I wouldn't have done that for 8 bucks.

There is one factor that's important with these units .

They are little like the razor and the razor blade or the printer and the ink.

There are two filters in these air scrubbers. BTW I think they very effective and fantastic, but you need a strategy for filter replacement or they burn your pocket book and the unit then ceases to work.

Lucky you in USA can get access to companies that will make you a custom size filter at no premium if you order a few.

That will take care of the non standard pleated outside one, but the internal one is layers of material similar to the bag material on some dust collectors.

I used a furnace filter frame made of plastic designed for replaceable furnace filter material. Modified it and adapted it to the size and now can just buy my material in sheet format from HD at a fraction of the cost. This leads me to change it more often.
But I have NOT solved the internal one yet. If anyone has a solution for this one please say so. It's the one that truly makes the fine particle size filtering work.

Also think they have lowered the motor size on this unit but not sure.

The external filter on my Jet is a standard 12" x 24" (if I recall correctly). I use good quality HEPA filters from the Borg, and use blue painter's tape to seal around the edge. When I was using it a lot, I'd get 5 or 6 months out of a filter, cleaning it occasionally with dusting brush on a shop vac. My internal filter has remained remarkably clean. Not perfect, but nowhere in need of replacement yet. (Granted, it hasn't gotten any use for the past few years, but it was getting nearly daily use in a pretty dusty environment for several years before that.)

I built mine to use 12"x24" pleated furnace filters. The side door hinges are on the bottom so the door swings down to replace the filters. It also has a bag style filter on 12"x24" metal frame on the open end of of the bag. Grizzly used to sell these. For a while I had this filter system screwed to the ceiling right next to a light fixture so I couldn't open the door so I screwed metal flashing too the front of the box spaced out enough that I could slide 2 filters right in over the opening of the front of the box. If I hang it away from everything I could get 4 pleated filters 2 inside & 2 outside & the bag filter. But that would be a little overkill. The filters could be rotated forward inside toward outside but not really necessary because I used a vacuum brush like Vaughn to clean the outside filters several times a year. I'll add that I was given the squirrel fan . All other materials other than the bag filter & pleated filters were free scrap from a construction site.

Attachments

• shop built filter 2.jpg
    shop built filter 2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Shop built filter 1.jpg
    Shop built filter 1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I built mine to use 12"x24" pleated furnace filters. The side door hinges are on the bottom so the door swings down to replace the filters. It also has a bag style filter on 12"x24" metal frame on the open end of of the bag. Grizzly used to sell these. For a while I had this filter system screwed to the ceiling right next to a light fixture so I couldn't open the door so I screwed metal flashing too the front of the box spaced out enough that I could slide 2 filters right in over the opening of the front of the box. If I hang it away from everything I could get 4 pleated filters 2 inside & 2 outside & the bag filter. But that would be a little overkill. The filters could be rotated forward inside toward outside but not really necessary because I used a vacuum brush like Vaughn to clean the outside filters several times a year. I'll add that I was given the squirrel fan . All other materials other than the bag filter & pleated filters were free scrap from a construction site.

I bought a fan and some filters to build one similar for my shop, then realized I would need a much larger fan since I would essentially be scrubbing the entire atmosphere... my shop is a corrugated metal building... there are so many air holes around the roof line that I could never suck in just the air in the shop, plus I've set my lathe in front of the double doors that lead into the shop and I like to work with the doors open in summer... I now just use the fan behind me to blow across the lathe and out the doors. I keep the doors closed in winter, but generally still run the fan to blow away as much dust as I can.