Wood Carving of my grandaughter Tessa

steve kelly

This took me about six days to carve and paint...I changed three things from what's shown in the picture...I made her eyes a little smaller, I cut down on her smile a little bit because adding in her bottom teeth would have been a nightmare and the agony of defeat that would have gone bad real quick...and the third change, I now see as a mistake...I made her eyebrows to big....So here it is....It doesn't look exactly like her but is close:P1130140.jpgP1130141.jpgP1130142.jpgP1130143.jpgP1130138.jpgP1130137.jpg

I'm trying to get ahead of Ryan...LOL No just kidding...I love to hear from Ryan!....Thanks Leo!

:rofl:

Another winner Steve! I'm sure your granddaughter will treasure this one her whole life!

I think you're getting faster at this to :thumb:

The eyes are really fantastic on this piece, wow! Nice work indeed there!

I'm not entirely sure why but it seems that the second picture looking at the carving from the right looks "more right" than the one dead on. If anyone has any ideas why that might be or if I'm just imagining things I'd be real interested in thoughts. I think it might? be the light, and that angle just pops the shadows better but the face really seems to jump out of the board more in that shot than the other ones. I'm really digging your medium relief work here, its offering a lot to think about.

That's just beautiful work from the creation of the pretty girl to the carving! (my youngest daughter's name it Tessa, so naturally I had to look!) Congrats.

Thanks Scott...I love the name Tessa as you do!...She's definitely pappy's sweet pea!...I took care of her for 5 years while her mommy and daddy worked....She'll be six years old August 16th.