43 that's the number

Don Baer

Staff member
of years that my beautiful wife has put up with me. Today we celebrate another year of marriage. We met at thanks giving and on Christmas eve I asked her to marry me.The following Easter we got married. They said it was to quick and would never last. i am a lucky man.

Congratulations! I upgraded to Marriage v3.0 12 years ago as of next month, so I can't brag about 40-plus years. But if I had stayed married to my first wife, I think this year would have marked the 30th anniversary of my murder.

Congratulations Don!!! Actually congratulations probably need to go to Mrs. Don for putting up with you all of these years!;)

Lou Ann and I were married 7 months after our first date, five years later our first was born, 33 years this year!:eek: Where did the time go?:huh:

Congratulations to you and the misses. It gets easier as the years go by. Celebrated our 50th year ago and do not really remember where the time went. Very proud Sue stuck with me. Don't know where I would be without her by my side.
David

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Baer... Marriage can be tough and love to hear about couples that make it work and keep their romance alive...,

I've loved every minute of mine.... Dianne and I talked on the phone for 6 months before I ever saw her at on October party in her office, wasn't interested, then in Dec. the Houston Air Cargo Association held their annual Christmas party and she called out of the blue to ask if I would like to be her guest...she worked for a cargo airlines and I was essentially her client..... I said yes, had a blast, that was Dec 6, 1991 and I moved her into my house on the 1st of March and we married on the 28th.. 24 years ago...

Another story, a year before I ever spoke to her, I was attending an Octoberfest party in Lufthansa Air Cargo's warehouse... sitting with a co-worker talking when a pair of tight blue jeans and a spangly denim jacket walked by... never looked up at the face, just watched the blue jeans walk by... commented to my co-worker that "I didn't know who she is, but she sure has a nice ---". He agreed and we continued our discussion of a tariff problem we had worked on at the office.... When I moved her into my house, was helping moved her clothes from her closet and there was that jacket... she was that tight pair of jeans..... she can't wear it now, but we still have the jacket.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I upgraded to Marriage v3.0 12 years ago as of next month, so I can't brag about 40-plus years. But if I had stayed married to my first wife, I think this year would have marked the 30th anniversary of my murder.

I have a friend that talks about being happily married for 30 years... total spread over multiple wives.

Thanks guys,she is a keeper.Been a great 43 years and am looking forward to a lot more.

My Brother-In-Law who is on his 5th wife says that if he added em all together it still wouldn't equal 43. I told him before he could get another marriage license he need to get a learners permit.