dining table project

got the supports lined up, and mortises cut in the cross braces yesterday, and did a test fit. all that is left is the sanding and finishing.

Attachments

• 016 first set of legs and supports fitted.jpg
    016 first set of legs and supports fitted.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 017 both sets of legs and supports fitted.jpg
    017 both sets of legs and supports fitted.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 15
did another test fit, then cut the legs by 3 inches. did another test, and the height of the top of the table was much better. got started on the sanding of the top with the new belt sander.

Attachments

• 018 test with table.jpg
    018 test with table.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 019 after lowering top three inches.jpg
    019 after lowering top three inches.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 020 start of sanding the top.jpg
    020 start of sanding the top.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 15
Very nice Dan. So what is the height of your table and height of your seats on the chairs? I've got a reference up at the shop for them, will try to snap a pic if I get up there this weekend if you want a copy for guidelines. They are just that, guidelines, best to fit it to those that are using it like you are doing, but nice to have on hand.

the height of the table is 32 1/2", and the height of the seat is 18 1/2". after all of that scrubbing and waxing, and with all 4 chairs assembled, i figured, why not? got it put back together again, and looks pretty good with the chairs. with an el cheapo (a little spanish lingo) table covering, looks quite at home.

Attachments

• 021 dining table with all chairs.JPG
    021 dining table with all chairs.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 022 just like home.JPG
    022 just like home.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 15
Dan you sure have had a productive season. Nice table and chairs.
But chairs could do with a bit of lean in the back rest.

Also, i don't get why wives want fancy wood top on dinning table then put table cloths on to cover nice wood. Mines the same but in our case i rather have the fake hardwood wood plywood top covered.