drawing stud walls

Dave Willis

I lost all info on my computer when I thought I had it all backed up but didn't.I had an add on for sketchup where I could put in the size of the wall and it would put in the correct amount of studs.I have W10 on another hdd and have 2016 on it,so I probably need an add on for the new sketchup.I don't have the other add on or remember the name of it.What I'd like to know is if there is a new one or where I can get the old one.I say add on,but I guess I should say extention.If anyone has an answer I would be very thankfull for the info.

I believe the plugin is called "house builder". I think I've installed the older version on a newer version on sketchup. I'll have to look at my shop computer next time I'm up there.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It is called "house builder",and I found a down load but I can't find how to open RB files in W10,so I don't know if it will work in the new OS.I'll keep trying until I figure it out,If I can.

I think you just have to manually install them to the plugins folder by copying them there. Im not sure if the folder is still under sketchup or moved to the users appdata folder though. A restart of sketchup would be required.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Decided to install this on my laptop, I downloaded the plugin from here: http://sketchucation.com/click.php?...ion.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556663#p556663 (if you're not a member, there is a free way to sign up, just click the link below the subscriptions they list).

Once downloaded, open sketchup, go to Window>>Preferences, then click the Extensions link on the left side of the dialog. Click "Install Extension", then navigate to where you downloaded the .rbz file, choose it and click to install. You will probably get a security warning, I clicked Yes, should give you a message that it was installed.

Thanks Darren,I got it loaded.It don't work right in 2016,but nothing does in W10.We'll have to learn to get along with it or not have computers I guess.

Thanks again Darren,

Dave

Thanks Darren,I got it loaded.It don't work right in 2016,but nothing does in W10.We'll have to learn to get along with it or not have computers I guess.

Thanks again Darren,

Dave

No problem Dave, I was actually telling my brother about the plugin the other day, so needed a refresher in loading it. BTW, if the new menus in W10 bother you, you might download and try the Start10 start menu button, makes the start button just about like using Windows 7. It has a 30 day trial, but only $4.99 to buy... https://www.stardock.com/products/start10/

Sorry. late to the party. The original versions of the Housebuilder extension (imperial and metric) do not work with SU2014 and later. There are updated versions available from Sketchucation. I updated the imperial version and packaged it so it can be automatically installed via Install Extension in Preferences>Extensions. The metric version was also updated to work on newer versions of SketchUp and to auto-install. I'd upload the RBZ file here but that's not an accepted file type. I could e-mail the file if you PM your e-mail address.

It isn't a good idea to manually install extensions into SketchUp but if you do, make sure you put them in the right place. On Windows machines, put them in User\App Data\Roaming\SketchUp...\Plugins. Do not put them in Program Files\SketchUp...\Plugins.

Thanks Dave,I installed the updated version by the widows,preference method and it worked fine.I'll check to see how the plugin works,after I go fishing for a little while.It may be that I've forgot how to use it,may need to give myself a refresher course.

thanks again,

Dave