Starlight Village

I had the week off so I got a bunch done. The BIG thing is the roof is DONE. It is not going to leak. There is still a long way to go, and I want to get it FINISHED so that there are not any loose threads that I need to come back to finish off later. I really NEED this shed because my old one if rotting and beyond repair. It will last 1-2 more years. I still NEED one more after this one. The next shed will be 12x20. This one is 10x20. After that I WANT another small 8x10 for chickens, or ducks and maybe a rabbit or two.

I will make this shed red with off white trim with blue shutters and door. The only thing that will be left for later is decor. I will make fancy frilly stuff and a bunch of nice corbels. All the frilly stuff will have the three main colors.

I am having fun watching this come together.

2016-Starlight village -11.jpg2016-Starlight village -12.jpg2016-Starlight village -13.jpg2016-Starlight village -14.jpg2016-Starlight village -15.jpg

Coming together nicely, Leo. :thumb: You've got a nice piece of property there, too. And I get tired just thinking about stacking all that firewood. :D

WOW! That is a lifetime supply of firewood that you have there.

WOW! #2 That is quite an undertaking. It looks great. However, my back is aching just thinking about doing it. But, darn it, it sure looks like fun!

Enjoy,
JimB

I burn 1-1/2 to 2 cords a year.

I buy it green for $200 per cord and season it for 2 years, rotating the stock.

I normally have about 6 cords on hand, but I now have 8-9 cords because I cut some trees to make way for solar and my neighbor is clearing a lot and gave me some more.

Burning firewood in Winter is one of the reasons I love living in New England.

Jim yes, huge undertaking, and yes my back IS aching.

It's been an EXTREMELY busy summer around here. I have been FULL OUT busy. Nice thing about the approaching winter is that it tends to halt the outside work and get me into the shop more. NOT there YET, but it is coming.

Today was a bit more sunny earlier and it's about 55 degrees right now. I think we hit maybe 59.

I LOVE this weather.

Finally getting back to starlight village. Getting the trim on the first building. I am sooooooo behind on my schedule, because I sidetracked into some serious landscaping. Well I wanted that also.

Anyway, here is where I am at as of today.

I am hoping to get the trim finished today.

shed-1.jpgshed-2.jpgshed-3.jpgshed-4.jpgshed-5.jpgshed-6.jpg

I tried to do some caulking this morning, but it's just too cold - mid 40's.

I did finish the trim, and I installed a couple of temporary doors just to keep the snow out.

I'm afraid I will not be painting it till next year.

It's weather tight - enough.

I will get a couple more pics in the next week or so.

I really need to move on to getting the fall planting finished.

I have 2 apple trees, 2 hibiscus, ornamental grasses, lillies, and about 150 daffodils to plant.

Getting a bit to lat in the season to get started on the siding - next year.

I need to get the church sign done, and build some kitchen cabinets