5th Floor Renovation

Man, you're making good progress, Stu. :thumb:

Thanks, getting it done.

2d7453e923f5c1c12376ef7497e997df.jpg

f71c8dfa7eef4f0c2fe1cf98907e09b1.jpg

All the tools and materials I'm finished with are ready to go on the truck. On to the next phase.

03279e0d5b2346055f6bc2a593c73b3b.jpg

turning white walks black!!

e157bbadde253acf9fffc1c6e6c735d0.jpg

Outside and inside done.
Will move the window light & sound blockers into place.

f8b20b5c71c6fd146bbcaede0fb802f6.jpg

Yep they seem to work!

39db8d6ed1e284f2f42e2fb41c801215.jpg

Said blockers, they need a bit more work, but almost there.

Domi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the wallpaper people do the taping and floating at the same time. Is it super-fast drying mud. or am I jumping to conclusions? If they do both taping and papering together, in a single day, I see why you would want to hire them!

In the picture in post 45 (first wallpapering picture) there seems to be an additional supervisor watching, just inside the window. Is this your customer?

It looks like the wallpaper people do the taping and floating at the same time. Is it super-fast drying mud. or am I jumping to conclusions? If they do both taping and papering together, in a single day, I see why you would want to hire them!

In the picture in post 45 (first wallpapering picture) there seems to be an additional supervisor watching, just inside the window. Is this your customer?

Ok they do done mud, but nothing like the mud we do back home. They do not mud 12 inches past each joint as the joints will all be covered with very thick wallpaper. Yes the mud dries very fast the add something to it to make it kick off quickly. They also use a heat gun if they have to do to speed up the drying process. These two guys worked really well together they must've been working together side-by-side for many years as they seemed to know what the other one was thinking most of the time, it was quite impressive to watch.
I think the person you see in the picture is the second wallpaper guy.

86808dcdf29a339b8733b6812b322ddc.jpg

Starting the riser that they did not need last week but now desperately need this week LOL.
I had to move two wall outlets up, but the others, TV and phone are not needed.

77dbe2d9df8c8959a57957e89109818b.jpg

Making a real mess, so I'm sort of glad that I'm the only one on the jobsite right now.
Ahold get most of the riser done today, finish it off and remove my tools etc tomorrow, Sunday.
Cheers

Getting there....
The blue foam floor protector is cut so that the floor under the riser will still be protected, the rest will come out when I put the carpet tiles down.
8a2da72e9464d3a926ab889d0c2ac5aa.jpg

1323f60d7ce63286de9d6405af2aa4b6.jpg

Ok, it is not totally screwed down, there are about 4 screws in each sheet, I'll screw it all down on Monday.

Tomorrow I'm taking the day off!

Well it has been an eventful week, lots of small stuff done, as well as several meetings with the client and other contractors, like the guys doing the AV for the room.

I'm now building the counter for inside the room.

IMG_1082.JPG

I decided to try out these counter top connectors, they seem well built and they do what it says on the can, I think they will work out just fine.

After I get the black Arborite on the counter top I'm thinking of adding some dowels to the joint in the middle of the counter, just to help with assembly and making sure things line up nicely.

So I'll have the exhaust fan on full as I stink up the place with the contact cement, oh joy LOL.

Cheers!

There is a water based contact cement called Speedset 2000 that I've used a lot over the past 18 years. It is very good and has almost no smell. I prefer it over any other water or solvent based contact cement. Maybe you can find some of it there. Sometimes the water based stuff works better than solvent based, and this is one of them.

Charley

I usually use a bunch of thin sticks to hold the laminate off the counter top while I position it, but I tried something new.
fe6e10fde125d99d1b45878b47589b30.jpg

A clean extension cord

8793dd9529697c560dd98bcd975e030e.jpg

I'll be doing this again, it worked really well.

Domo

Ok the main part of the counter is done and installed.
ba605d6a4d22fcebab6d5e7420b44b8d.jpg

0148d87a38380182b28f59fcea9db260.jpg

Now I have to make the back splash which will house the electrical outlets.

Oh yeah, they just dropped a bomb on me, they need me to run all of the wires, cables for the audio visual stuff from the back computer room, into the main room and then into the soundproof room. I'm really pressed for time, but I'll get it done I guess.