Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids are little windows to viewing ourselves...

Kids are little windows to viewing ourselves...

So my grandson got a little toy push mower for his 2nd birthday yesterday. Today I witnessed him turning it over, laying out a bunch of "pretend" tools on the coffee table next to him, then proceed to work on the mower.

The best part was when his mom started to help him, he scolded her for using the "pretend" tool wrong! However, he did correct her by show her the right way to use it, she was still holding the tool.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I loved seeing the world through our daughter's eyes. And now the grandkids, what an appreciation. It is fascinating to see their insight to new things.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

yeah they are and sometimes the reflections are not what we want to see
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    yeah they are and sometimes the reflections are not what we want to see
    Then maybe we need to change what we are doing! Been there after Fina said her first cuss word. I was pretty ashamed that she had learned that from me. They pick up all of it like a sponge!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Ah memories. Looking at young people take me back when I said the badword or did what I shouldn't.
    Ah youth.
    David

I remember as a kid I was told that if I said a bad word, they would wash my mouth out with soap. So, first time I said one I got a whoopin. Felt grateful for that, seeing I knew soap was really bad tasting. Guess I had a lead butt. But, yes Jonathan. I agree. Kids definitely pick up on what we do and say. That business about do as I say and not what I do does not work with kids of any age.

Very cool and i see he has same BDay as me. Great to have a little guy around. Makes life way more interesting. Best time with my kids was when they were tots. Never enjoyed going to "moms and tots" though when they had the dads and tots days.
    cheers

Like grandpa like grandson
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I was a single dad when my son was growing up... he was just barely 5 when we divorced and I took custody. He was 19 when I remarried. I got to have both Mother's day and Father's day celebrations. One of the three greatest days of my life was when he was born.

My favorite time with him was about 10 years of age... kids are still in awe of the world, but at an age where you can almost have adult conversations with them. I did watch my language when he was little, then he went in the army and all that was ruined. He doesn't want children so I'm going to miss out on the grand kids thing, but would rather go that route than him have them and not appreciate them.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

I remember when my daughter, then about 4 said, "Oh, sh*t!" Her mum said , "Hilary!" Hilary said, "Not the dirty sh*t that goes in the toilet, mummy, just the sh*t that you say all the time." Reflect on that, eh?
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln