New Old Stuff for the Shop

I recently picked up this Craftsman 12" table Saw from a friend who was cleaning out his garage. Cost me a whopping $75.00. First thing I did was replace the extension wing with my router table to gain a little floor space. This past weekend I picked up the Excalibur fence and installed that Sunday afternoon. I also swapped out the switch and I have to say I'm pretty happy with the outcome.
image.jpgimage.jpg

About two weeks after I brought the saw home I found this Craftsman shaper on Craigslist for $65.00. There's only the one cutter that came with it but I'll pick those up as I need them. Good thing I moved that router table to get a little floor space.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Wow you practically stole that shaper, looks like its in pretty good shape to. I think? that's a 3/4" spindle?

Table saw ain't to bad of a deal either. I had one not entirely unlike it (except newer and flimsier) - the one thing that helped it a fair bit was screwing a shelf underneath and adding some sand bags, stabilized it a fair bit.

Wow you practically stole that shaper, looks like its in pretty good shape to. I think? that's a 3/4" spindle?

It's a 1/2" spindle. Grizzly has a nice selection of 1/2" bore carbide bits and there is a company called Corob Cutters ( http://corobcutters.com/ ) that makes the old style HSS cutters like Sears sold for these originally. Most 3/4" bore cutters will fit also with a sleeve.

Table saw ain't to bad of a deal either. I had one not entirely unlike it (except newer and flimsier) - the one thing that helped it a fair bit was screwing a shelf underneath and adding some sand bags, stabilized it a fair bit.

I don't think i'll need anything to stabilize this one. This thing is pretty danged heavy.