It's Friday - 5/6/2016 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Well, made it through another week here. It almost feels like a 3 day weekend as the grandson went to his dad's early and I got some extra shop time in. He'll be coming home early Sunday for mothers day. I've got some small tasks to finish on the downstairs bath, then get started on waterlines for moving the washer to it's new location. I need to work on the pool equipment this weekend and get it ready for opening and may open the pool if all that goes well.

So what's on everyone else's plate?

I'm in my shop now working on a small veneered panel for a project LOML requested - left it in the vacuum press overnight - need to clean the edges, then put a cherry frame around it.

Saturday will be some continued shop cleanup and re-organization. It's not bad, but doesn't need to get any worse!!! The race is Saturday night, so I'll be watching that.

Sunday should be mostly a day of rest after I do brunch. Later, I'll throw a couple of ribeye steaks on the grill for a special meal for LOML. :)

Brought up a trailer load of wood last night. Got rained out last Saturday and before that was sick. So tomorrow is the last Saturday before Mom and Dad come home (Monday). So, if the boys can make it otherwise CJ and I will be building the ramp for my house for Mom and Dad to get in easier. Will try to take pictures and post it later. Even though I have yet to post of the meet up with Jim and Mida :( Sunday will be cleaning up and probably trying to figure out a railing system. We'll see how it goes! :thumb:

All of my garage/shop organizing and rearranging plans last week were shelved by nasty weather. Looks like this weekend will be more cooperative, so I hope to get a lot of things moved and rearranged out there this time around.

Loading my dad's truck with old fence parts tonight. Tomorrow early morning taking that load out to a friends burn pile and then off to get new fence parts. Dug 2 holes this week for 2 new posts. Will hang 6 new panels once they are set to go. Could rain though so hoping to at least get everything out and the new materials to the back yard before that happens. Sunday will be ribs in the smoker for the wife and doing whatever she wants....the girl will help out with all that as well.

Happy Friday All! :wave:

As far as I know I will be turning on Saturday. Storms are supposed to set in again on Sunday so who knows. I have a hackberry tree down on literally on the wrong side of a creek. Was over by it yesterday and the creek is still too high to get the loader to it. So, I'll just go with the flow and see what happens. Did tractor mowing all day yesterday and from about 8am this morning to about noon. The rest of today is goofing off.

This weekend in the kick off of my farmer's market shows for the summer... also the local art guild that I belong to is have their spring art show and I've a few pieces there for exhibit... leaving in about 1/2 hour to the reception, market tomorrow, then Sunday back to the art show to meet and greet and then help with the breakdown.

Since Sunday is Mother's day, may take LOML out for a Sunday night dinner.

I've got a 100.00 gift card to Rocklers that's burning a hole in my pocket so I think a trip to their store is in my near future :thumb:

Marilyn got a great report from the doctor on her new knee today. She got the staples out and will start PT Monday. She's on a cane already and went to breakfast and the grocery store with me today :D

Change of plans from earlier. My wood hauling buddy called and found another way across the creek to the hackberry tree that is down. Crossing on another person's property with their permission already given. Also going to get anther tree that's already dead. It's a mystery tree at the moment. It is dead with no leaves so gonna have to go with the bark for now on what kind of tree it is. Best guesses at the moment is either a red oak or a cedar elm. If none of you have run across cedar elm, it's a brownish colored wood that will defy logic on it's hardness. I have worked with it before and it is a bear to work with. Almost downright mean but I love a challenge when it comes to hard wood. I'm hoping it's a cedar elm.

as usual, Im working most of tomorrow as I did today on 2 night tables/stands for my daughter.
Ill be sanding, attaching hardware, and fitting the doors and drawer fronts tomorrow. (if all goes well)
this has been a one week project so far, made a lot of progress, even surprised myself.