cherry lumber and plywood night stands

finished and ready to be picked up.
I had some blotching with the staining, seems cherry and maple are sensitive or prone? to uneven staining. next time, Ill stick to gel stain, seems I get a more even coating.
6 coats em6000 semi gloss, used a superextra fine sanding pad to get the dust nibs off.
One door moved a tiny bit, but if I play with the adjustable hinges I can get it straight enough.
I think Im getting a bit better with the spraying, still had to sand off some heavier coats, but again, having a larger compressor makes the job so much easier.

some pictures, left the back of the back unfinished, sprayed the inside of the back.
while drying for 4 days or so, I took an old cutting board destined for the burn pile. Trimmed it up a bit, added a small border, some handles,(handles purchased at baileys discount in North Judson Indiana for 99 cents each) made a tray, and made some coasters while I had nothing to do.

My son told me he has 2 projects for me, just as well, Im itching to work. if nothing else, Ill cut up 6 more cutting boards to have for gifts.

(that first picture, is the worst of the blotching, almost looks as if its fingerprints on that stile. nothing else was as bad, a bit on the door and drawfront sides, tough to stain end grain)

Attachments

• finishedcab 003.jpg
    finishedcab 003.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 27
  • finishedcab 008.jpg
    finishedcab 008.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 29
  • finishedcab 009.jpg
    finishedcab 009.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 26
  • finishedcab 010.jpg
    finishedcab 010.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 26
  • finishedcab 012.jpg
    finishedcab 012.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 28
  • finishedcab 016.jpg
    finishedcab 016.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 27
  • finishedcab 017.jpg
    finishedcab 017.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
as always, thanx for the kind comments.

Im down next week on my home infusions, so I didn't want to get too involved with anything this week.
I did cut down and taper legs and made all the rough cuts today on a set of end tables to go in my daughters living room area. Nothing fancy, just legs, apron and solid wood top. This build should be a very quick one. Less than a week once I get going.
I cant count on doing much next week, never know my energy level after the needle.