well its gonna happen:)

larry merlau

so you folks can relax now, i may still be asking lots of dumb questions but at least they arent hypothetical anymore:D the ground ha been flattened and de treed and the cement grade is in process as of tonight. yes i will post a pic after i get caught up but trust me this aint no "marty' here and the shop to be isnt either he's the "king" and he can have the title:D :thumb:

Larry, Glad to see your on your way to getting the shop you want. I like watching shops going up.

we will blame clardy and that ash guy for this:D if it wernt for them listening and belivin in this folley i wouldnt have gone threw with it. well maybe i would, but i had to blame somebody.. just hope that after its ready to go that those who had helped in the prelimanarys can see some of what they suggested.. thanks for all of the input, if something doesnt match up to your standards:rolleyes: well i needed to save something for later to wet my whistle along with brother steveA:rofl: oh and have an excuse to remodel later:D

As they say "Down Under", "Good On Ya", Larry. Glad to see........er.....hear that you've finally got your courage all whipped up and are getting started on that shop.:thumb: Best luck to you on your build, we'll be watching the progress, so your photography skills will probably get a good fine tuning by the time you get 'er built too.:D

Had hicup

got home last night with the final permit to see that i am gonna have a new neighbor:eek: wasnt a pleasent site. for you folk who dont know mw well i dont like crowds and live in the country for that reason... well had tried to purchase this property to the north of me several times with no approval by the 3 differnt landowners..well i had seen the current landowner drive by several time in the past 2 weeks and figured she was being nosey which is normally..but this time she had an alterior motive:( looked the direction she was looking and saw the staked out property....needless to say it didnt make my day. so i went on hold yesterday and hit the fridge...called a couple close friends and vented.. today am better still dont like it but am back at it again. so if the weather holds they will be forming the slab tnight and then i can start with the DC pipe.. oh and tod your oneof the friends that i vented too,,, so feel free to return the favor sometime,, by the way did you have an suggestion on what i need for air supply?

larry, it`s not to late to buy a few hogs.....they make very nice neighbors:) ...if you add a donkey and a few chickens it`s unlikely that city folk will want to build next door between the rooster crowin` and the donkey braying.......

so this makes sence to those reading, larry asked about a compressor that would run air tools.......
for a one person shop my suggestion is to go with at least an 80 gallon tank and an american made pump and motor that`ll put out at least 17 cfm continous......quincy is good and so is ingersol-rand`s good stuff.......if you go ingersol watch what you buy `cause they have 3-4 lines of which only one will actually last for shop use.....tod

I can help you twice boss

Not only can I give you advice on building the shop Larry, but you are also able to tap my endless knowledge on raising hogs. We used to raise 1200 head a year....now that makes for some powerful country aroma that may send many a city folk back to from whence they came. In todays marketplace you can get a contract on raising hogs too, so it would be a definate option for you. Also with a hog pen you are not required to any setback regulations...yep, you can put those little porkie the pigs right on the property line, a little closer to their intended target. I'd say if you were somehow able to contain all that "waste" in a underground septic type system and let it ferment real good, your "new neighbor" might consider selling the property to you. After you have aquired said property you can clean out the oversized septic tank and convert it into a basement for your new shop.....less neighbor.

thanks for the advice yall:)

i would love to do just that but then i would have to deal with the wife she aint into sloppin hogs steve... and i have enuff to do as it is. but you could spread yur manure on my place free of charge:)

Hey Larry, I figure you would not like living in Tokyo.........

roof_next_door_uncles.jpg

Neighbors on the left.

roof_next_door_house.jpg

Neighbors on the right

:D

Larry,

From one who appreciates, but can't afford, solitude - my heart goes out to you. Let's all hope your new neighbor builds on the part of his property that is furthest from you, is not totally 'citified', and is an accomplished woodworker and antique tractor restorer!

okay......hogs are out......how `bout building stock car motors `till all hours of the night? or hosting the local scooter club every weekend? pull a building permit to start a strip club......there`s more than one way to deal with unwanted neighbors.....

well this is getti oata hand folks

we should be spewing this in off topic fer now,, so jist as a reply the neighbor to be is a nosey ole lady that sticks her nose in everyones business, she just got rid of her husband who many years ago drove by me walking to the storte to get some grocieries in the winter whenthe roads were impassible for the most part in a 4w drive then he stopped int ot eh store i had went to for the bread and milk for the kids and and passed me again on my walk back,,, this is a true story and i havnt forgot or forgave the $%^ for it.. and she isnt to far behind him in the popularity depoartment.... oh and i used to work for them wheni was kid till around 17,, road the bus with her for 2 years sat in the same seat as her.. so i got big chip folks that she aint gonna knock off if she gave me her complete inheraitance,, there now i feel better and yuoall can get jist alittle history of why this bit me so hard.. sorry for the rant but its a tender spot,, so mods do as you may with this... i wont spill anymore i promise in here..just the updates and yes some pics too when i get to it.. tod your keepin it burnun :):rolleyes:

Is she a spelling/typing teacher? Maybe you guys could barter something for typing lessons boss.:dunno:

If you built her something she could teach you to type and she'd be thrilled with that new shop since she would know all but good would come out of it.

Maybe she likes bacon and wouldn't mind a hog every once in a while.:huh:

Heck, who knows in a little time you two might become drinkin buddies......:rofl:

Do my eyes betray me? Am I reading this right? Larry is building a shop and then surrounding it with hogs? :thumb: I'll take a hog a year if'n you'll deliver. Don't forget the chickens. Gotta have chickens. What's bacon without eggs? Maybe you could open a restaurant. :thumb:

Can't wait to see the pics of the menagerie. Make sure you get one of Randi sloppin the hogs, OK? ;) :rofl:

Oh, yeah Larry, make sure the shingles are on the OUTSIDE and ON the roof. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

September is not that far away.

Karl

Do my eyes betray me? Am I reading this right? Larry is building a shop and then surrounding it with hogs? :thumb: I'll take a hog a year if'n you'll deliver. Don't forget the chickens. Gotta have chickens. What's bacon without eggs? Maybe you could open a restaurant. :thumb:

Can't wait to see the pics of the menagerie. Make sure you get one of Randi sloppin the hogs, OK? ;) :rofl:

Oh, yeah Larry, make sure the shingles are on the OUTSIDE and ON the roof. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

September is not that far away.

Karl

Ah. Karl.
You forgot Mertie and Mollie. The two [you know what] I put in Larry's truck before He headed home from Missouri. ;)

Yep....I can see it now...the shop, the pigs, the chickens....

Attachments

• Hoghouse.jpg
    Hoghouse.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 27
  • fatHogs.jpg
    fatHogs.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Hen3.jpg
    Hen3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 9
well tyler here ya go

i finally got min to pay the tickets from tyler and the rest of you folk

the first one is webster my guard dog, and the next is from the road veiw, the last is from the south east corner.. more will come as it progress and the hogs stand still long enuff

Attachments

• tn_100_3154.JPG
    tn_100_3154.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 92
  • tn_100_3155.JPG
    tn_100_3155.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 69
  • tn_100_3156.JPG
    tn_100_3156.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 72