Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday!

Escondido, CA

The last couple of weeks have been crazy but this weekend I may get somewhat back to 'normal'. Working on Big John today and the CNC tomorrow. Sunday it is back to the day job.

Big John's new engine is almost completely hooked up. Hope to get it fired up in a couple of weeks, given the time I have to work on it. Starting the iron work for the front-end loader (cutting parts) today while I wait on some other engine parts to arrive.

Working on the vertical vacuum table on the front of the CNC cabinet tomorrow. Hope those parts are in. Amazon is not even shipping for a week or more after the order unless you have Prime. I think Prime is blackmail for reasonable customer service and won't go there. So I am doing more direct ordering and getting better service but sometimes I can't avoid Amazon.

Once that surface is hooked up I can get the cabinet finally assembled and off the sawhorses. Then the CNC itself will be installed on top of it and I will have to build another vacuum table for the surface under the gantry.

Spent time back in the wound care clinic yesterday. Got a callous on a toe that had to be removed (the callous, not the toe!) and that site is now considered a wound because there was a blister under it. Couple weeks for healing and more experiments with suitable footwear. Need to have a special insert for my left foot to keep the fourth toe from rubbing. Boy, do I hate being impaired!

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

DSM, IA
    Hope you can find some footwear that will keep you going full speed ahead Carol!

Nothing going on tonight...maybe a movie. Tomorrow morning I'll be turning a few small pots from cherry and maple scraps for some succulents. Those will be a thank you/house warming gift for some friends that invited us over for a cookout tomorrow night. Before going to the cookout my dad and I will attend the last local woodturner's group meeting until fall. Sunday I will be building a new firewood rack and hanging fence panels in the back yard with the wife. Then I get to sort thru my wood for woodturning and see how much still good for turning and how much will become firewood.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Parker County, Texas
    Ah, yes. Friday!!! The 13th!!! Whee!!!

East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    Tomorrow I am going to pick up some nice cabinet grade Cherry ply and about 100 bd/ft of Cherry shorts, maybe more.

we got grand kiddys this weekend, so it's gonna be mostly family stuff.

Outside the beltway
    Turkey hunting this afternoon and Saturday.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    Going to c ontinue finishing the cradle I have been building for my latest bundle of joy. Only varnish and legs to go - easy. Also refinishing a printer table I made a couple of years ago. I will also be continuing making candle holders. The work just stretches out into the future.

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Kansas City, Missouri
    I'm planning to work on the new pool filter/pad this weekend, hopefully get everything up and going again. Have some other yard work to do, but might get some shop time making a toddler bed rail for the Grandson. Other than that, we need to get the garage cleaned out again, almost can't get the jeep in there.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

ABQ NM
    The band is making our monthly stop at the Dragonhorn Tavern tonight. Looking forward to of my former co-workers from years ago LA is in the process of moving here from Connecticut, and she's going to be there among a lot of other friends and family.

The rest of the weekend will be more house and yard chores, plus I'm planning to make some more progress in turning the garage into a shop. I made some good headway last weekend, and would like to continue with that forward momentum.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Pretty easy weekend coming up. The only drama will be is if I'm able to economically fix my old JD STX38 lawn tractor or if it's a better deal to buy a new one. Looking at JD, cub cadet, and Husqvarna.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Reno NV
    Going to be moving a lot of dirt and digging trenches. It's 85 degrees here and I need to get my pool ready to go!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash