Friday!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
The last couple of weeks have been crazy but this weekend I may get somewhat back to 'normal'. Working on Big John today and the CNC tomorrow. Sunday it is back to the day job.

Big John's new engine is almost completely hooked up. Hope to get it fired up in a couple of weeks, given the time I have to work on it. Starting the iron work for the front-end loader (cutting parts) today while I wait on some other engine parts to arrive.

Working on the vertical vacuum table on the front of the CNC cabinet tomorrow. Hope those parts are in. Amazon is not even shipping for a week or more after the order unless you have Prime. I think Prime is blackmail for reasonable customer service and won't go there. So I am doing more direct ordering and getting better service but sometimes I can't avoid Amazon.

Once that surface is hooked up I can get the cabinet finally assembled and off the sawhorses. Then the CNC itself will be installed on top of it and I will have to build another vacuum table for the surface under the gantry.

Spent time back in the wound care clinic yesterday. Got a callous on a toe that had to be removed (the callous, not the toe!) and that site is now considered a wound because there was a blister under it. Couple weeks for healing and more experiments with suitable footwear. Need to have a special insert for my left foot to keep the fourth toe from rubbing. Boy, do I hate being impaired!

Hope you can find some footwear that will keep you going full speed ahead Carol! :thumb:

Nothing going on tonight...maybe a movie. Tomorrow morning I'll be turning a few small pots from cherry and maple scraps for some succulents. Those will be a thank you/house warming gift for some friends that invited us over for a cookout tomorrow night. Before going to the cookout my dad and I will attend the last local woodturner's group meeting until fall. Sunday I will be building a new firewood rack and hanging fence panels in the back yard with the wife. Then I get to sort thru my wood for woodturning and see how much still good for turning and how much will become firewood.

Going to c ontinue finishing the cradle I have been building for my latest bundle of joy. Only varnish and legs to go - easy. Also refinishing a printer table I made a couple of years ago. I will also be continuing making candle holders. The work just stretches out into the future.

I'm planning to work on the new pool filter/pad this weekend, hopefully get everything up and going again. Have some other yard work to do, but might get some shop time making a toddler bed rail for the Grandson. Other than that, we need to get the garage cleaned out again, almost can't get the jeep in there.

The band is making our monthly stop at the Dragonhorn Tavern tonight. Looking forward to it...one of my former co-workers from years ago LA is in the process of moving here from Connecticut, and she's going to be there among a lot of other friends and family. :thumb:

The rest of the weekend will be more house and yard chores, plus I'm planning to make some more progress in turning the garage into a shop. I made some good headway last weekend, and would like to continue with that forward momentum.

Pretty easy weekend coming up. The only drama will be is if I'm able to economically fix my old JD STX38 lawn tractor or if it's a better deal to buy a new one. Looking at JD, cub cadet, and Husqvarna.

Going to be moving a lot of dirt and digging trenches. It's 85 degrees here and I need to get my pool ready to go!

Well i don't have to cut the grass this weekend lol
So was hoping to get my new shed all done...but .....then Linda told me what the weather was doing. We got rain both days, in fact for Sunday its potentially wet snow.

Got started on the CNC carving of a stacked text plaque for some friends on Friday - cutting the next phase today (Saturday). I'm also slowly going through a few items in the shop to do some cleaning.

LOML is already starting to pack some stuff for our trip to Columbia, SC, for the Vectric seminar May 19-21.

Sunday will be the usual: I'll prepare brunch, then be lazy the remainder of the day and watch the race from Dover.

A good Saturday morning no rain finially. I'm sitting about three yards inside the woods and I have a bird coming through the woods to me then I hear a gobble from down in the field and that's a bird I was after. When that bird got close to me and gobbled the bird that was in the woods coming to me he just kind of pucked quite like and went away. I had my jake and two hens sitting on a little rise in the middle of the field so they could be seen all four sides. 1st I see his tail come up and he popped his head up next and he's facing me I let him have it with the three and a half inch. I walked up to get him over the rise and he wasn't there, I walked into the woods about 35 yards and found him. 10" 1"&1". Last week I walked the ridge and heard him gobble figured he was a dead bird. He has worn his spurs down, they resemble western birds spurs that get worned down by the hard ground. I heard at least 10 different Tom, some on surrounding property's. Old farm built in the 1850s, trout stream that gets stocked. Old customer I had not heard from in 8 years calls me and says; I've got a new place come hunt. I need to remember to put the fly rod in the van.

Attachments

• 20160514_093933.jpg
    20160514_093933.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20160514_092313.jpg
    20160514_092313.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20160514_055834.jpg
    20160514_055834.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20160507_083033.jpg
    20160507_083033.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 18
Bought the Cub Cadet. Will be here Monday :D

great tractor what i love about em is all the cast iron. The church I went to in California had one along with a JD and the cadet was the more reliable of the two. I used it for the yearly festival to tow a train We had 8 cars each one would fit 4 adults or 6 kids. Ran it non stop for 3 day every year for 14 years. They also used it all year round for various other tasks.

Bought the Cub Cadet. Will be here Monday :D
Bob they are excellent value for money. Here in Canada at Lowes, they have a 3 year warranty where the Deere range of the same sort of type has 2 year warranty yet is $1000 CDN more on average per matching model to the Cadet Cub.
I nearly bought one, but the Kubota was calling me.
They also have a good engine in them, Kohlers. Good luck with yours.