Thread: Auxiliary Router Fence

Croton, Ohio (about a half hour NE of Columbus)

Auxiliary Router Fence

Since I've added the router table wing and new fence to the table saw I felt that an auxiliary router fence was in order. I wanted something I could hook up dust collection to so after a bit of research I decided on this style fence. The faces are adjustable from zero to three inches and I will eventually make a couple hold downs to use with the tee slot. The clamps came with a 3x18 belt sander, their purpose was to clamp the sander upside down to a bench, something I never had a use for so they have been laying in a drawer till I could find a use for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Roy Bauman; 05-15-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Very good solution for router fence. Been looking at moving router to same location and worried about dust collection. Also the use of table saw fence, good idea. Think I'll steal a hint or two.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Nice. I did something similar a few years ago, but like the clamp idea and the plexi top to see inside.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Verynicely done. Nice job with the pictures too. Great for ideas for others.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

ABQ NM
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Nice. I did something similar a few years ago, but like the clamp idea and the plexi top to see inside.
    Same here. I like the clamps and the see-through top. Nice clean setup. I attach mine to my Incra TS fence, but I just use a pair of Irwin Quick-Grip clamps.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Escondido, CA
    Those clamps may still be available at Rockler for auxiliary fences. I got a pair and use them to attach fixtures to the table saw fence. Useful. Not as inexpensive as I thought they should have been, but at the time I had a gift certificate!

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed