Who's the host with the most?

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
One week to go before we close up the doors here in Idaho and head for Michigan. This means the shop will likely be down for about six months. I've decided to close down Reynold's Woodcraft and open a 'new' business once I am set up in the great north woods. That means I'll be allowing my domain to lapse (eventually, after a reasonable length of time having it forward to the new site) and I'll be starting up a new website, which brings me to this...

What website host are you using? I've been using Go Daddy but I've found their site to be sometimes confusing and the interface a bit difficult for a complete neophyte such as myself. So, what are you all using? Any specific reason? Who has the easiest interface to master?

Thanks in advance, and apologies too as I know that this thread has the possibility of becoming a Ford/Chevy/MOPAR long knives discussion. BUT...I have faith in all of you! Looking forward to good, honest direction and recommendations.

Thanks!

I''ve used IX Webhosting for about 15 years. They've been reliable and reasonable - no complaints. I'm letting my website lapse because I've lost interest in maintaining it.

I had been using Blue Host for a few years, but they've recently raised their rates for multiple domains. I'm in the process of moving to Host Gator. Hostica was an affordable and easy to use site for me, but may still be too much tech stuff. Might check out Weebly (http://www.weebly.com), I've noticed several local businesses using them and they seem to have a good selection of templates.

i use dreamhost not the cheapest but i also believe you get what you pay for.

best try the panel for each out yourself to see if you can relate to it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I had been using Blue Host for a few years, but they've recently raised their rates for multiple domains. I'm in the process of moving to Host Gator. Hostica was an affordable and easy to use site for me, but may still be too much tech stuff. Might check out Weebly (http://www.weebly.com), I've noticed several local businesses using them and they seem to have a good selection of templates.

I hadn't noticed the rate increase at BlueHost. I'll have to look at my account stuff and see if it has impacted me. I've got a couple of personal sites there, a few parked domains, and a commercial site I run. (That's a separate account, though.) And of course FW is also on BlueHost. Maybe it's time to go domain shopping. On the other hand, not sure I want to go through the data migration process.

Rennie, in general I've been happy with BlueHost and their Control Panel. Sometimes it seems to run a bit slowly, but I think it might be unique to my account. I'd say 99% of my use of the Control Panel is to set up email accounts and forwarders. I think things might be slow for me due to the number of email accounts I have. (350+...it's a long story about spam tracking.)

I started out with Go Daddy and switched my hosting and domain over to Bravesites. I'm happy with them. No problems. No fusses. Software is simple to use. You can do 3D slideshows if you desire, which means nadda to me. You might check them out. Hosting one site is I think $99 a year. Domains I think are $14 a year. Something like that.