Thread: More "furniture" tools

More "furniture" tools

I've got several pieces of old "furniture" that I work on from time to time and am restoring, so picked up some of these this week to keep from messing up the screws any more than I need to.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-05-23 18.06.29.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	95904 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-05-23 18.08.34.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	95905

The bits are hollow ground and in lots of different sizes to get the right fit for the screw. I also bought the expansion set that can fit in to the little tray on the right for newer "furniture" hardware.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Not denying that is a wise move. And, the Wheeler brand is excellent. But ole cheapo me has found buying old screwdrivers at yard sales and flea markets has been useful. I grind them down to fit special needs. Cost is near zero.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

That's one sweet set darren! Will be hard to 'screw up' a screw with those bits hanging around!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Not denying that is a wise move. And, the Wheeler brand is excellent. But ole cheapo me has found buying old screwdrivers at yard sales and flea markets has been useful. I grind them down to fit special needs. Cost is near zero.
    That's a good tip Frank, I had seen that over on the videos at http://www.artsgunshop.com/ he had mentioned doing the same. Kinda comes down to time vs. convenience, not against doing it, just don't have as much time in the day as I'd like right now.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Nice looking set. I do like Frank for the straight bits, although its kind of handy to have the sizes all lined up and my hand ground ones rarely are (somewhat of an organizational problem) and it doesn't work for most shapes other than straight and square.

Having a nice selection of proper fitting straight bits is pretty critical to working on some types of furniture though
    Love thy neighbor, yet pull down not thy hedge.

Wow, those would probably work on guns too, huh?

Nice set, Darren. Like Dan, I like having a a full set nicely organized and easy to find. But like Frank, I've tweaked a lot of old screwdrivers for specific applications. Over the years, I've inherited enough old screwdrivers that I doubt I'll ever have to buy any more at yard sales.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com