More "furniture" tools

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I've got several pieces of old "furniture" that I work on from time to time and am restoring, so picked up some of these this week to keep from messing up the screws any more than I need to.
2016-05-23 18.06.29.jpg 2016-05-23 18.08.34.jpg

The bits are hollow ground and in lots of different sizes to get the right fit for the screw. I also bought the expansion set that can fit in to the little tray on the right for newer "furniture" hardware.

Not denying that is a wise move. And, the Wheeler brand is excellent. But ole cheapo me has found buying old screwdrivers at yard sales and flea markets has been useful. I grind them down to fit special needs. Cost is near zero.

Thanks guys

Not denying that is a wise move. And, the Wheeler brand is excellent. But ole cheapo me has found buying old screwdrivers at yard sales and flea markets has been useful. I grind them down to fit special needs. Cost is near zero.

That's a good tip Frank, I had seen that over on the videos at http://www.artsgunshop.com/ he had mentioned doing the same. Kinda comes down to time vs. convenience, not against doing it, just don't have as much time in the day as I'd like right now. :wave:

Nice looking set. I do like Frank for the straight bits, although its kind of handy to have the sizes all lined up and my hand ground ones rarely are (somewhat of an organizational problem) and it doesn't work for most shapes other than straight and square.

Having a nice selection of proper fitting straight bits is pretty critical to working on some types of furniture though ;)

Wow, those would probably work on guns too, huh? :D :rofl:

Nice set, Darren. Like Dan, I like having a a full set nicely organized and easy to find. But like Frank, I've tweaked a lot of old screwdrivers for specific applications. Over the years, I've inherited enough old screwdrivers that I doubt I'll ever have to buy any more at yard sales.