The new shed

Robert I don't want to but I have to slap your hand fro installing the OSB in that manner. Perpendicular to the floor joist not Parallel to them.

Attachments

• r340_fig1_large.jpg
    r340_fig1_large.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
My bad.....had to go back and check my pictures.

Wait Chuck dont hit me 😁😁😁😁

Well one lives and learns, i thought it seemed to easy.

See i figured wrongly i guess....that with shed being 10 x12 that the ply going in the 10 direction would use 3 sheets to make the 12 ft then 4th sheet i cut to 26 inch each and used a router to trim to the edge.

My bad. Its only a shed. Hey do i get points for the blocking at least. 😊

Thanks for comment Chuck now i know no shortcuts in future.👍

Last edited:
Wait Chuck dont hit me....😁😁😁😁

Are you saying osb should be perpendicular to joists?

If so thats how i got it. Long length (8ft) goes across the joists.
Even have blocking in the middle.
Osb fitted with my joists 16 inch on center.

What u seeing in the pics is just the osb lying around loose. At that stage i was just jumping around with excitement because i got it level all over which , considering this is the first time in my life that i got to build anything like this with these materials i dont think is bad at all. 😉

Ok I'll let it slide this time:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Inches? I thought you were in MetricLand?
Hey you guys i grew up in a colony (lol) of the Brits so i learned inches until i say around late 60's we took our independence and became free and metric. Lol

So i am dual system and to some extent so is Canada and last i checked dimensional lumber across North America is still imperial because you guys out number us 10 :1 😉

I do use metric some times. Just like many have said it makes it easier when using fine dimensions.

Robert I don't want to but I have to slap your hand fro installing the OSB in that manner. Perpendicular to the floor joist not Parallel to them.

It's ok, those black lines will add extra strength running across the joists like that. ;)

Rob it's looking really good, but you're killing someone's view out that window and going to make it tough to clean. ;) Or are you going to create an easy access through the back of the shed from that window? :D

Rob, next time you take a short cut, just don't take photos. :D I use this motto once in a while: "If you don't succeed at first, destroy all evidence that you tried!". Don't apply that to this case, though. I have seen it done both ways, though I always saw plywood used. Then sealed with Thompson's or the like even though it's inside.

All done.
Shed2[1].jpgShed3[1].jpg
Shed1[1].jpg

So now comes move in and clear out of garage (new shop) so i can do something. Plans for weekend include power and clearing out garage, hope i get that far.

Darren window is part of garage i deliberately put shed there so i could easily get to load it up. Keep in mind this is temp. Not going to be cleaning that window again done it once that will be it for my time here. House is being pulled down when i leave.

Last edited: