The new shed

Something i wanted to mention before i forget this thread, in my opinion after having built this shed, I will never again buy another of this kind. Yes it was cheap, but we all know what cheap can mean.

I would have been way better off building a wood framed version. Even if i abandoned it at the end of my stay in this house.

First up to have this steel structure go together properly, you need a level and sized to shed base. Why sized to shed is because any overhang will only be a water trap unless you do what i did. Mine is sized exactly to the min they have in their instructions. The drip edge i used, i came up with after having seen these sheds flooded in water at Tractor supply.
Thats the reason for my poly cover on the base, to protect the osb flooring which was my cheapest option.

If its not level then you got a nightmare expecting the thousand or so tiny holes to line up for the tai chi self tapping screws that very often dont self tap. (again cheap).

Then the steel is more like tin foil. If one stripped the paint off it i am pretty sure it would collapse. LOL Paint is making up for a fair bit of the gauge.

So when one has finally put it all together creases in the tin and all, you then discover you can forget about hanging anything up in the shed unless you build another structure internally. That would not be the case in a wooden 2x4 shed.

Then comes the roof structure. I will be more amazed if this thing survives a winter here in our parts when we have a good snow fall. So i will put a supporting wooden extra internally just to make sure i am not digging it out. But thats coming later in fall.

So far we have had a few rainfalls and no water inside that i can see. But it has not had the benefit of a bit of heat and cool expansion cycles to get the bones losened up. Then we shall see.

So in one word.....in my opinion YMMV, they JUNK. :thumb::rofl:

When i move, i will take it down and it will be going to the recycle bin for metal. I aint putting this up again.

Oh what i should get is a picture of the two very special nuts they parcel in as part of the kit. Why they had to have these i have no idea, two ordinary nuts would have sufficed.

They solid brass acorn nuts that serve to capt two other nuts that are part of a nut and screw assembly holding up an riser on one side. Nowhere else on the shed is anything like this present. :huh:

Given the base i had to build to be able to put this up, i might just as well have built a wood framed building made it modular so i could dismantle it in panels and move it and get some reuse from it.

Another chapter i guess chalk it up to experience.

I'm late to the party, and I don't know how much weight you are planning to put in this building, but I think your 4X4 uprights are not attached well enough to the joists to hold very much weight. As this joint fails it's going to let your joist fall and the upright is going to push your floor and building up off the joists. I would have notched the top ends of the uprights so they would be part way under the joists, thereby giving the joists a solid place to rest. Your best option now is to run some big lag bolts through the joists into the uprights for added strength, better would be through bolts, washers, and nuts, but they will be difficult to install now. Those wood screws aren't likely to be heavy enough in this application to support very much weight.

Charley