Stopped by HF tonight

Darren,

You won't likely have bucket collapsing problems if you are only using a regular shop vac. I never had a collapsing problem until I moved my Dust Deputy from my shop vac to the central vacuum unit. Then, the first time that I accidentally plugged the end of the hose, I heard a wump noise from the direction of the vacuum and the bucket was squished into a triangle.It only took a couple of seconds. Expect the worst if you should ever decide to use a more powerful vacuum. Until then you are probably OK. It's amazing what 14.7 psi atmospheric pressure can do when you remove the corresponding pressure from the inside of the bucket. The photo of my vacuum unit was taken just before I collapsed the bucket shown in the first two photos. The debris in the bucket was what I had vacuumed off of the shop floor before I accidentally plugged the hose and collapsed the bucket.

These photos were taken just before I used this vacuum with the Dust Deputy. The present status of my Dust Deputy has three of the Firehouse Subs pickle buckets under it instead of the one shown in the photo and I've now routed the exhaust line on the right side of the vacuum unit out through the shop wall. All of this is installed in the attic of my shop and it's very quiet, so quiet that I have to turn off my scroll saw or other shop power tool to hear it running, or check by feeling the air rushing into the end of the hose.. My son recently brought me a 30 gallon metal grease barrel, so I'll soon be making that into the collection container under the Dust Deputy and replacing the 5 gallon buckets.

Charley

Attachments

• DSCF0300LoRes.jpg
    DSCF0300LoRes.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF0301LoRes.jpg
    DSCF0301LoRes.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0304LoRes.jpg
    DSCF0304LoRes.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Charley, A coworker had the same issue as you, but mostly due to the cheap bucket he got, seems to be fixed with the new one.

So tonight I finished assembly of the blast cabinet. Luckily my daughter came up to do some painting of an end table she bought at a thrift store, so I had an extra hand for attaching the hopper to the top cabinet. I suspect I'll be upgrading the lighting inside as the reviews haven't been great for the light that came with it.
2016-05-27 21.14.33.jpg 2016-05-27 21.15.00.jpg

Only one small oops, luckily I caught it before installing the glass/frame.
2016-05-27 20.55.10.jpg

I'll be installing a regulator on the cabinet, I've got a dryer on the line coming to the unit, just need to pickup an elbow to get it out of the way.
2016-05-27 21.14.56.jpg 2016-05-27 21.20.33.jpg

Darren after your post i watched a few of the you tubers videos on these things, there are some great upgrades for this unit which make it go from battler to pro. They pretty easy to execute as well.

Check this video out. Its a bit drawn out so double up on the speed for the net. Check out the comments for a list of the parts. The ebay seller mentioned in the video does not have them anymore either on his website or ebay store. A person commenting on the videonhas listed the names and model numbers for all the individual parts.

https://youtu.be/CgZW2GBvZQs

https://youtu.be/vHJwQ9mVKA4

One thing i purchased at the time of buying mine, (note which i have yet to hook up due to shop space) is an attachable pneumatic vibrator i purchased from Aliexpress. It attaches to the base and acts as a media shaker.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32351615931.html