It's Friday - 5/27/2016 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Finally Friday! :headbang::headbang::headbang: And a long weekend at that. It's been raining all week here, so hopefully it will dry up enough to mow tomorrow. I'm going to finish up the assembly of the blast cabinet, then I need to get the toddler rail built. May drive down to the cemeteries on Monday.

What's on everyone else's plate?

Lot's of rain here too...to much. Need to catch up on yard work this weekend too if the rain stops long enough. Also need to finish up some more little bowls and some get some more succulents for gifts to the girls teachers and other staff at her grade school. 5th grade finishes up next week and they have all been great. Middle school starts next year...can't believe how fast it has gone!!

Smoking a 14lb pork butt on Sunday too!! Can't wait to dig into that! Happy Friday everyone!:wave:

Attachments

• IMG_20160523_202320.jpg
    IMG_20160523_202320.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20160514_121317.jpg
    20160514_121317.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 11
With the big doings at church behind me, I can get back to 'normal.' Whatever the heck THAT is! Tonight I get to work on the laser at the lab. I will be making plastic panels for the CNC cabinet. First we mock up out of cardboard. Another definition of CAD. Cardboard Aided Design! Tomorrow is more work on the cabinet. Getting closer to getting it ready to assemble. Still have a bunch of plumbing for the two vacuum tables to plan for. I have most of the parts on hand now. A few more openings to route out and holes to drill for vacuum lines. Nothing picture worthy get. Just a pile of parts. Giving Big John rest. Have some decisions to make there. Monday the lab is closed, so I will spend the day doing domestic chores, like laundry. But I did get a barbeque basket. I will take another crack at pepper poppers, grilled veggies and chicken. Sounds yummy.

I'm finishing a stacked text plaque for friends today, along with helping LOML with some refinishing on a sewing cabinet.

Saturday I'll mill some kind of wood for a couple of v-carved plaques and start cutting them. I'll also continue on some aspects of the re-do on the sewing machine cabinet like using hide glue to re-attach veneer.

Sunday? Well, 1100 miles of racing is a good start!!!

I just got a request for another retirement plaque.

My neighbor wants me to make some letters to hang on the wall for her wedding

I need to cut a tree next to my new shed

I will be trying to get the roof completed on the shed.

I have the entire week off so I should be able to get some serious stuff done.

Apple Blossom Festival time !
Northville Heritage Farm Antique Tractor Pull on Sunday, followed by the annual Woodville Community barbeque.
Lots of outdoor work in between the fun stuff. Big garden overhaul with violence underway, brush and branches load # 4 now building on the dump trailer. We turned our backs on some of it for a couple of years and a jungle appeared.

Inspector shows up today to inspect the work done by the electricians this week. I could not be happier with the work the guys did, and the number of times they went into the attic and crawl space to make sure things were done right.

So I'll be getting the electric line run to the pool and add some 220 outlets to the garage.

I started straightening up the garage a bit yesterday. I had started organzing my electronics gear, and some how over the last several weeks let things go completely south.

Should be a fun weekend!.

Still in recovery, can't do much. My morning meds really zonk me. That needs adjusting. Home health nurse on the way that should help. I'll be staying in but on Monday I'll be on the podium for Memorial Day services. I'm Commander of the Shrine Legion of Honor and will be introduced. Mostly I'll sit. I can handle that. Have a happy-happy everyone but do make it a safe weekend. Nothing about the reason for Memorial Day says one is supposed to get drunk and do stupid, dangerous stuff.

After all the tractor mowing and other stuff, my back went out again so I will be doing real simple things. Nothing. Well, not nothing. I'll be real good friends again with muscle relaxers, my TENS machine, and movies and such. Thunderstorms as far as the National Weather Service will stick it's neck out. So nothing special for Memorial Day. I am starting to get into season 3 of HBO's Deadwood. Good show. Next will be Pillars of the Earth. Then maybe Titanic Blood and Steel. Who knows.

Student's last day today!:thumb:
Have to wash the inside of the bus, mop the floor, wash the outside and return it Tuesday.
Fina Jo had tubes put in her ears, nostrils cauterized, tonsils and adenoids removed so we have CJ for the weekend.

Thank you all, past, present and future Veterans!!

Rolling Thunder this weekend. I few of us will ride the Wall and other Monuments this evening then a Ride somewhere Saturday and The big ride Sunday. I'll be riding in a group from the area of 4K riders. It's a very humbling experience. Their will be hundreds of thousands of DC converging on DC Starting today. If you ever decide to visit DC this would be the one weekend I highly recommend.

Spent the morning cutting and cleaning up the church lawn, The church is close to 250 years old and sits on the village green. The green is the kicking off of all town events. Tonight is the Memorial day parade. I'm supposed to march with my Lions Club veterans. It starts at the green and goes to the local cemetery. We have veterans buried there from the Revolutionary war all the way to the present. An honor guard plays taps and a 21 gun salute is made. Quite moving.

Saturday is cleaning out the garage and doing some yard work.

Sunday and Monday maybe a ride to the seacoast after church, maybe going to one of my grand daughters soccer games, or maybe just relaxing. We'll see what the day brings.:)

Guess I'm gonna be working on the patio some more. We had planned to do some shopping this weekend, but are having car troubles. Brought the car into the dealer last Monday for state inspection and a recurring air conditioning issue. They kept it until Thursday and called for us to pick it up. Drove it home and then noticed they had not replaced the inspection sticker, so we drove back and waited half an hour for them to put the sticker on. Got in the car, drove two blocks and the AC quit. Back to the dealer again. This time they gave us a shuttle ride home. This morning they sent the shuttle driver back to pick me up since the A/C was finally fixed. Got in the car and drove 2 miles and the A/C quit. Didn't want to lose the car for the weekend even without A/C, so back it goes Tuesday for the really, really final fix.:(

Got a jump on the weekend by getting the lawn mowed after work tonight. Debating whether to go lawnmower shopping this weekend, as the current one (an old Honda that was left behind by the previous homeowners) is starting to have trouble with the self-propulsion mechanism. It's also burning some oil, so I'm thinking it'll likely cost more to fix than it's worth. (I'm not really interested in doing the work myself. Wrenching and me don't get along.) On the other hand, I'd rather not spend the money on a new one now, so I might see how long I can limp along with this one.

Saturday morning will be spent at the shooting range with my practical shooting club. Should be a fun time, as 2 or 3 of my friends are planning to come shoot with us for the first time. It's always a kick seeing people experience the club for the first time. We do a lot of things that you don't usually get to do at a shooting range. Later Saturday I'm hoping to get my veggie garden tilled and planted.

Sunday I'm hoping to make another big dent in the garage/shop space. Need to move some household stuff out of the garage and move some tools into it.

Monday is still up in the air, and sometime this weekend I'm planning to cook something on the grill or in the smoker. Still haven't decided what it'll be...likely whatever I can find on sale. ;)

A few pics from Friday night
, with a group of gold star recipient wives from previous Wars to present at the nurses Memorial

Attachments

• 20160527_211933.jpg
    20160527_211933.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20160527_211229.jpg
    20160527_211229.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20160527_214102.jpg
    20160527_214102.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20160527_214346.jpg
    20160527_214346.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20160527_214530.jpg
    20160527_214530.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160527_215049.jpg
    20160527_215049.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 13
I'm on Vancouver Island Visiting my son who was evacuated from Fort McMurray. We are making a bit of a holiday of it, stayed at a sea-front cottage in the rain,and they are showing me some of the island. I have been asked to help someone with his newly acquired 1971 Beaver lathe and 1971 tools, as I mention in another thread.

My foot is killing me to the extent that yesterday they rented a wheelchair for me as some of the walks were more than I could handle. I am going home on Wednesday, and straight to the doctor on Thursday. The toe looks good when we change the dressing, but it hurts like a nail. Hope that's not TMI.