Time for my next project... :D

This week, we finish up the bridge fabrication and get it ready to be mounted. Then it's time for the finishing process to start! Yay! I hate this part, lol. Lots of sanding first, then masking off a few areas. Then it's time to put on the pore filler. Once it dried, the fun task of sanding it back smooth is undertaken...

Thanks for watching!

This week, you're 100% caught up with the progress on this guitar. I start out finishing up the sanding the pore filler. After that, I start masking the sides and neck. It's time to get the burst on the front part. After a couple quick test runs, I landed on the color recipe that works. Then it's just a matter of spraying the burst for real ... Thanks for watching!

This week, I'm afraid, has been a bit of a disappointment. I went ahead and sanded the burst, but because it was just dye, no binders, a lot of the pigment came out very unevenly. I'm not pleased with how the burst looks now and will have to redo it.

I'm fighting some serious project fatigue at this point, too, so I apologize for how little content this week's episode contains. I'll get it sorted. This guitar will be finished!

Thank for watching!

FINALLY some progress on the 00! After much hemming and hawing, I finally tackle the burst once and for all (I hope). A slight change to the formula this time - I try out a mask and also adjust the color spray a little bit by adding some shellac to the mix. Finally back after it!

At long last, I finally got this footage edited! The progress continues! I'm pleased with the burst, thankfully. Just a little sanding and minor touch ups needed. Then, some months-old masking tape removal -- what a mess! After that we tackle side dots and a small repair is necessary. I believe we're ready to start putting down a finish on this little fella!

Thanks for watching!

This episode marks the long-awaited start of the finishing process!!! After a little masking off, and assembling of the finishing tent, it's time to finally put some lacquer on this thing! A coat of sanding sealer and a couple coats of gloss lacquer go on and I get my first look at this beautiful walnut. Things are looking good!

Thanks for watching