I picked up the elbow I needed for hooking up the regulator on the blasting cabinet. So I looked around for the first victim. First item I found was an old Dunlap plane I picked up at a garage sale year ago. It has some deep pitting on one side and a little on the sole on that side as well. Then someone painted the frog green with latex over the original red. It also had some minor rust pitting on the breaker and blade.
Here's a video of the frog being stripped...
I was quite amazed at how quickly and how well the cabinet works. No dust escaped and seems to be sealed pretty well. I had siliconed a few areas but they seemed to have improved the placement of the gasket material as other reviews didn't talk highly of it for that reason.
So the first pic is the plane body, can see that all the rust was removed from the pits, though I see a couple of touch-ups could be done. I only did the sides and bottom as the japanning seems to be pretty intact on the inside of the body. I'm not sure what I'll do with the pitting, but just oiled the metal for now to keep it from rusting again. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.
The frog stripped down pretty well, it's since been shot with primer and paint.
I stripped all but the business end of the blade, but can see the stampings on the back and they still have great detail.