Tom Baugues Bad news good news

I just got word that our Family Member Tom Baugues was in a awful wreck on Memorial Day. He got hit head-on on his motorcycle from a women that should have never been on the road. Sounds like he got banged up pretty bad and was in the hospital for 2 days but home now and will be laid up for 8-10 weeks.
I'm sure he could use some good wishes and prayers from us all.

Ouch. Glad to hear Tom made it out anyway!

Having had one head on not on a motorcycle that's way way up on my list of things I never ever want to do again, and motorcycles are even worse. Hoping Tom heals up well!

Sure glad to hear the GOOD side of the news, Jay. Pass our best wishes along to Tom.

And, Tom, if you're tapped into this thread, get well soon!!!

Oh man! Glad to hear Tom's back home already. That's a good sign. :thumb: Sending my best wishes for fast healing.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I'm just taking one day at a time right now. I can't go into details right now on a public forum but I'm lucky to be here and these things make you pause. I can say the person that hit me was intoxicated and had been issued a lifetime ban for being a habitual traffic offender. I'll be off my feet for at least the next 6-8 weeks then rehab.
Thank you all for your thoughts.

sorry to hear of the bad luck tom but glad your home and typing still.. these things change ones outlook on life greatly..use the time to heal and rethink your lifes future.

Holy cow! Tom, so sorry to read this. What a scary situation to be placed in. So glad to hear you are home to heal. Jay, thanks so much for letting us know of this bad accident to our Tom. Prayers for healing being sent Tom, wow, can't believe it. Do you need a hand doing something to make your life easier around the home right now? Let me know. I'll drop what I'm doing and help the best I can. A ramp? Different door knob styles? A favorite chair lifted for easier getting out of it? (I put a bench near Mom and Dad's back door on top of a 4x4 and the height adjustment made all the difference in the world for Dad to be able to stand up easier after putting on his shoes). Let me know please.

Prayers, Tom. Not only for healing, but also patience with the healing process. And with changes it will bring to your life going forward. Peace with that, too.

It goes without saying, but we will hang in there with you through all of this. This family did for ma last fall, so I know it is part of our DNA. It is a big part of what makes FWW so very special.

Thanks for checking in, Tom. Just remember we're all here for you and will help in any way we can. Heal quickly, buddy!

Really sorry to hear about this, the road to recovery will not be fun but you will be recovering.
On the additional good news front.... New bike? :)
Heal fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk