Canada gained another engineer on June 1

Engineers are awesome :D

I fully agree that in order to be a good engineer you need to get into the trenches and get to more than just saying that you were there, but to get better than anyone else down there.

Shop rats make great engineers.

I have had engineering apprentices that thought it was beneath them to get in the trench with me. They will go on to be designers of things that cannot be made.

What a wonderful day, one all of you will remember for the rest of your lives. Others have already said it, you are a great looking family. I cannot imagine the number of females that have nearly swooned when they see that handsome young man.

Bless you all and Enjoy,
JimB

ps thanks for the video.

...Vaughn he is going to specialize in structural engineering. He also likes concrete (dont ask me why, but he does) lol.

Hey! Ain't nothing wrong with concrete, buddy. :D As a materials engineer, my dad specialized in soil, concrete, and asphalt. He worked closely with many structural engineers over the years doing foundation recommendations and design. Structural engineering is a good area for your son to be in. :thumb:

Congratulations Rob to you, your son, and family. My son graduated as an engineer about 20 years ago now. It takes a lot of effirt to make it through that course of study. I have two grandchildren that will be taking introduction to engineering in high school next year. Good luck in your son's continued education. My son went to work and then git his Master's in business. Your son has a really interesting career ahead of him.