Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday

It's Friday

looks like a beautiful in the Metro area. I have no idea what will be happening this weekend. No plans
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

I will be installing shelving in my new shed and moving wood into it. I will likely also build a ramp and get my tractor into it. If time permits, I will make the gable end walls.

oh, that day of the week again.

dinner with all the kiddies tonight, I think we are celebrating my daughters boyfriend graduated from whatever schooling he was going through, so hes done with his electricians training, now he can earn the big bucks in the union.

other than that, I have the same plans as I do for every other day of the week, only difference is tomorrow and sunday elen is included.
    Human Test Dummy

An endless list of farm and yard work lies before me. Then, I need to build a little towel bar type of item on which pairs of bobbin lace bobbins and thread can be arranged. Shop's been idle for so long it's going to take some organizing just to get started. I might use a bit of long-hoarded apple wood.

Learning to live with a new roommate. Meet Tinker Bell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tinker Bell.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	96168.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

It's gonna be hot here this weekend, so I already got my lawn mowed and the rogue weeds sprayed this morning. I've still got a bit of thinning and non-spray weeding to do in the veggie garden sometime this weekend.

Tonight the band is playing at the Dragonhorn Tavern, one of our monthly stops. It's a little hole in the wall pub that's only a mile or so from the house, but we always have a fun time playing there. This will be my office tonight:

Name:	The Office 2 - 800.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	96169

There'll be one more Stratocaster in the rack this evening. Here's the relatively new (to me) Strat...can't have too many purple guitars, if you ask me. I've used this one at a couple of gigs so far, but I think I've finally got it set up to my liking now. I'll know better after the show tonight.

Name:	Purple Strat 02 - 800.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	96170

Saturday I'm planning to go to the little chile store where my wife works to see if I can help them get some computer problems sorted out.

Sunday, LOML and I are going to take a drive just to get out of the house (and out of town). I think we'll head up to the Jemez mountains, about an hour from here. Kian has never been up there, and I think we could both use some mountain stream therapy.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I have a solo weekend, so who knows how much trouble I might get into. LOML and the neighbor lady drove up to see my MIL and to pick up an antique Edison record player - another one!

I did a little yard work this morning and am just staying out of the heat now.

Saturday, I'll do shop time starting to prep an old sewing machine cabinet for finish. Remember the yellow thing???

Sunday will be solo brunch - not sure how I'll deal with that! The rest of the day will be watching the race and some golf.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rideout View Post
    An endless list of farm and yard work lies before me. Then, I need to build a little towel bar type of item on which pairs of bobbin lace bobbins and thread can be arranged. Shop's been idle for so long it's going to take some organizing just to get started. I might use a bit of long-hoarded apple wood.

if youre stumbling over lumber or chunks of wood that are just in your way, ya know when you drive down to NH in august, just throw it in the back of the car and Ill dispose of them it for you.
    just sayin.
    Human Test Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    if youre stumbling over lumber or chunks of wood that are just in your way, ya know when you drive down to NH in august, just throw it in the back of the car and Ill dispose of them it for you.
    just sayin.
    An excellent suggestion for clutter control, Allen. You never know what might fall into the car

Friday evening spent at the park. City have food trucks in and a small town get together is in order. Music and various good food. Good family fun .
    Tomorrow mowing early the on to Ben's BBQ eatery for fathers day early celebration with family. As it's getting a mite warm outside hibernation inside Sunday after church. A pleasant and safe weekend to all.
    David