Thread: An up and coming young woodworker .....promote this guy if you can

An up and coming young woodworker .....promote this guy if you can

I was about to do a search on you tube today and on the first landing page i come across this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/EricLindberg27

Now i have to tell you given my recent engagement with some of my sons friends from another University that are in the 22 year old category, i could not help thinking WOW what a future this guy has as a YouTuber/Maker and hats off to his parents and he is like 16 years old.

My contrast to this are guys I have met where their parents are funding them going to University to get a degree, guess what in History where after speaking to the the kid has zero interest in History and has no clue as to what they going to do when the schooling is done. Just so you know a degree like that is probably costing the parents here anywhere from $75K to $100K so not as expensive as the US schools but in this specific guys case its also not one of the top schools.

This guy seems to have been supported by his parents in being allowed to use the garage, buy tools and whats good to see is folks at Rockler seem to be taking notice of his marketing reach oh and he bares a similarity to a Californian here my guess when he was a lot younger judging by the state of organization is that of a young Glenn Bradley.

He is very obviously a hockey fan specifically Detroit Redwings and he makes me feel embarrassed that i purchased a welding cart rather than making one.

He has loads of common interests with what i have, Woodworking, Welding, Fishing, Feeding the birds, and my wish lists and dreams (obviously plays the guitar ).

Just looking at his diversity of skills at 16 I would say this guy has a bright future by comparison to the kid i know with the history degree that's not interested in History.

Please promote this guy if you have the ability to outside of our forum, he deserves it in my opinion. So refreshing for me to see.
    cheers

Looks like a pretty outgoing young person, he should do well. He does a good job on his videos, seems very thorough . If he gets enough subscribers he'll not have to worry about how to pay for college.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

What a clever young man.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I was very impressed by Rockler sending him a bunch of tools. Yeah its product promotion but that they did it for a youngster is good for the future of woodworking.
    cheers