Drones versus guns

Rob Keeble

I know we have some gun enthusiasts here and also interest in drones , add in FPV (first person view video from drones) and you got a great deal of fun at the gun range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq0oCM37oZA

Enoy, i know i did, getting near time to go out and buy a drone.

The red ones they were using in this footage are Vortex 285 Quads

Found them here for $400

http://www.horizonhobby.com/vortex-race-quad-58-ghz-350mw-irlvxat5g8350

Think its time for a meet up in the dessert on blm land again :rolleyes:

Dont think MA or NH or NY would like something like this being held in their state. :D

Actually that drone footage at big sandy does not do it justice.

Check out this one...no drones but man full auto, cannons and tank.
Definitely a bucket list item and i for one am not waiting till i cant hold a weapon to go. 😊
Not a cheap event but u only live once. Not going as a spectator, so have to figure a few things out in the gun department. What is needed is a cannon ......calling Chuck...lol.

https://youtu.be/5bjOqQg5KJU

Guess you wouldn't settle for a mini marshmallow shooting pneumatic rifle, huh? We have one at the lab. It is a hoot!

And least you thing it harmless, it punches holes in double correlated cardboard and can do some serious damage if one were to be hit with one. Darned impressive to see what a marshmallow can do.

Definitely a bucket list item and i for one am not waiting till i cant hold a weapon to go. 
Not a cheap event but u only live once. Not going as a spectator, so have to figure a few things out in the gun department. What is needed is a cannon ......calling Chuck...lol.

Rob you can rent just about anything you want to shoot at the event, Come out for the spring event, I'll meet you there. Maybe we could get Vaughn to come over from NM and darren might be tempted, heck we could make it a FWW gathering. It's 180 miles from my house so we would have to camp but hmmmmmm might be a blast.

Rob you can rent just about anything you want to shoot at the event, Come out for the spring event, I'll meet you there. Maybe we could get Vaughn to come over from NM and darren might be tempted, heck we could make it a FWW gathering. It's 180 miles from my house so we would have to camp but hmmmmmm might be a blast.

It'd be fun to watch, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to participate - can't afford the ammo. Full auto guns eat the dollars like nobody's business. :eek:

The guy I train with has a Class III license, so he's got a few full auto toys to play with. ;)

It'd be fun to watch, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to participate - can't afford the ammo. Full auto guns eat the dollars like nobody's business. :eek:

The guy I train with has a Class III license, so he's got a few full auto toys to play with. ;)

heck for the $25 for spectators you can have a great time,you can even bring your own firearm and participate in some of the matches or take a course in tactical firearms without the full auto. Come on Rob maybe we can get Brent and Sharon to come on down.

Definitely a bucket list item and i for one am not waiting till i cant hold a weapon to go. 

Definitely glad I'm not the guy on the golf ball picking up tractor on that driving range. :D

Vaughn i dont have any vices ....but get me near two things.....fireworks and guns and i become like a obsessive gambler and real crazy redneck.

Don't ask me why, i cannot describe why, but something about this big Sandy just appeals to me. Its the ultimate in freedom. I applaud the fact that an enthusiast can own a cannon and then that a place has been created and allowed to exist where if you have the coin and desire you can fire off these weapons. Its not like its something an ordinary person can afford to do every weekend or even once a month. These guys are enthusiasts, its orderly, its probably safer than going to a biker rally like Sturgis.

I would save and budget before going there. No ways am i going to my grave without having been there had thought Linda would like to go but she saw the video and said you go and enjoy yourself. And when i do, be sure i am not going to hold back on blowing that budget. And it had better include paying for a few cannon rounds on an old cannon. Lol.

There is a point Vaughn is making about consumption of ammo but there is also the cost of ammo because they supply the ammo. I can see why but man it makes it pricy twice over.

All in good time, my list is long....

At 400 each drone plus the ammo and the rest I find it to be on the expensive side. However this makes true the saying: The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys :D:rofl:

Rob, I think you'd have a lot of fun at one of the Cowboy Shooting matches also, if there isn't one in Canada, check to see if there is one close across the border to go checkout.

http://www.sassnet.com/AnnualMatches.php
Darren you got my number on that. Its also on the bucket list. Come to think about all this i think i will need two visits to each. Lol.

One to just get over the awe of the event, the next to truly enjoy the event.

I guess you can get some sense of how i felt as a youngster, used to celebrating Guy Ffawkes with loads of fireworks, when the gov of the day back where i came from banned them. Boy did i wish then that we had a meaningful constitution. Lol