When Larry, Glen and Jim were here a while back they saw a bit of the CNC cabinet build I have been working on as time and health issues permit.
A while ago I showed a picture of the cardboard template for the switch panel. Last night I got it cut out in red acrylic. The laser does such an amazing job of this! Here is the cardboard model and the finished version. Had to spend some time learning how to draw a pattern and make it a file the laser will accept.
The vacuum table on the vertical front of the cabinet is also coming together. The vacuum ball valves have been installed and now the valve control panel for that vacuum table has been designed to fit a finite space.
This is a re-purposing of a variety of things. A plastic mini ball valve, hose barb ells, conduit straps, and a few screws and nuts. The valves are staggered to accommodate the straps. The space for this panel is not as big as I would have liked but it will work. Again I drew the pattern in SketchUp, exported as a DXF, uploaded to the Laser program, did a little tweaking, and burned a cardboard template. The first attempt took a few minor corrections and the second template was perfect. Then I cut a plastic one with the laser, and Bob's yer uncle.
Next up a 2 master valve control panel and the installation of the vacuum gauge. Then a bunch of plumbing connecting it all together. Stay tuned. Pictures as progress continues.