Thread: Howdy all! Long time, no see.

Rochester Hills, MI

Howdy all! Long time, no see.

Hi all!

Long time, no see/talk. Just thought I'd drop in and see what's been going on and update what's been up with me. After an almost year long search, I finally found a job. It's not much, but it's a paycheck. I've been working three or four days a week in the box office at the Emagine Theater about ten minutes from home. I started on March 01, and things are going pretty well. At this point, it's minimum wage, but a small paycheck is better than no paycheck. Heck, you've gotta do what you've gotta do. One benefit is all the free movies I can watch!

A few months ago, things were going downhill fairly fast and I really felt that a wheelchair wasn't far off. I was having a very hard time getting around. I had to use a walker to get around anywhere, and back in December, I got a set of full leg braces that I had to wear in order to walk safely. I wore the braces for two and a half months, and they really helped. I had planned on wearing them at work, because I work eight hour shifts and I stand for almost all of it. But after 2-1/2 months of wearing the braces, I felt pretty good and decided to try to work without them. I'm happy to say that I haven't worn my braces in over three months! I'm getting around very well and haven't even used my walker in over two months! I started wearing a Fitbit a couple months ago. I average about 2-1/4 miles per day! I have walked as much as 3.6 miles in one day. That may not seem like much to some, but for someone who was facing a full time wheelchair just a few months ago, it's pretty good!

I'm feeling MUCH better now than I was a few months ago. Both physically and mentally. I was at a VERY low point back in December and didn't know what I was going to do. But I decided to suck it up and fight this damn disease and give it all I've got. I'm very happy to announce that it's working. I will NOT give in to this horrible disease!

Hope all is going well for the rest of you out there.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

It's great to hear you're up and navigating on your . The best to continue to improve. Where there's a will there's a way.

Thomasville, GA
    Hey, John! It's good to see you getting going again. Hope all continues well.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Great news John, the human mind can do wonderous things. So glad your seeing some improvement, keep up the good work. You got my number if you ever want to call.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Reno NV
    Well, That's great news John!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Parker County, Texas
    Glad to hear you are making such great progress! Mind over matter is a wonderful thing. Keep it up! Hope you continue on the great path you chose and keep getting even better!

ABQ NM
    I'll just echo the other guys. Thanks for sharing the good news.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Kansas City, Missouri
    John, good to see you stop in, been too long. Keep up the good attitude, amazing what it can do, the mind really is an amazing thing.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Los Angeles, CA
    Good to hear that you are doing good, both on the health and financial fronts.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

outside of Toronto, Ont
    It's good that you are back on your feet and working again. It must have been very difficult to be out of work and laid up. A few years ago I was off work for a lengthy time and it was very frustrating not being able to find work.