bed project

took the bed apart to get ready for sanding, and took out the one vertical part that i had tried to fix, but didn't work out too good. got it remade while the cnc was doing its thing.

Attachments

• 039 head board part replaced.JPG
    039 head board part replaced.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 15
got all of the parts sanded and dyed today. i may be able to get all of them hit with the sanding sealer tomorrow.

Attachments

• 040 small parts sanded and dyed.JPG
    040 small parts sanded and dyed.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 041 large parts sanded and dyed.JPG
    041 large parts sanded and dyed.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 17
with the lack of rain in the near future (gets under the small door), gave all the bed parts a wipe down with dark walnut gel stain. end of a busy day. tomorrow morning, they get the coat of seal coat, then the 2 coats of clear shellac, wax, then final assembly.

got the sanding sealer, and first of 2 coats of clear shellac on all the parts yesterday. was going to finish it off today, but other things got in the way.

Attachments

• 042 first coat of shellac large parts.JPG
    042 first coat of shellac large parts.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 043 first coat of shellac small parts.JPG
    043 first coat of shellac small parts.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 14
not enough time to assemble the headboard (the whole pre-work nap thing), so, i laid it out so i would remember how it went together.

Attachments

• 044 remembering how it went together.JPG
    044 remembering how it went together.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 16
yesterday i got the headboard grid put together, and today, finished off assembling the headboard. another coat of shellac to take care of some small scratches, and it is good to go. tomorrow, the foot board.

Attachments

• 046 headboard final assembly.jpg
    046 headboard final assembly.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 045 headboard grid assembled.jpg
    045 headboard grid assembled.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 16
finished off the bed today. the only major project fully finished this year. glued up the grid for the foot board, then added the top and bottom boards. after they were set, added the posts. once they were set, brought everything in, and did the final setup of the bed. new mattress and box spring when the tax returns come in.

Attachments

• 047 foot board grid assembled.jpg
    047 foot board grid assembled.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 048 top and bottom boards added.jpg
    048 top and bottom boards added.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 049 finished footboard in clamps.jpg
    049 finished footboard in clamps.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 17
  • 050 finished bed in place.jpg
    050 finished bed in place.jpg