maple cabinet

I started this in January. The first set of doors went wonky so I busted them apart and got the panels out and so it sat and I stewed. I made another set of rails and stiles and just didn't like the grain so I punted again. Well I finally got back on it and am happy with this go round. The case is finished I just need to apply finish. The gap in the doors looks off on the top and bottom in the picture I don't know why they are fine in real life:) I was showing it to the wife last night and was telling her I could make some drawers for the inside or what ever she wanted. She said just put a couple of shelves and we can use it to store electronics (cell phones, laptops, tablet etc.) and charges. I thought it was a good idea.

Now to start on the stand. I'm making it out of cherry.

maple cabinet.jpg

Thanks guys. The panels, well matter of fact all the wood so far came from logs I milled a couple of years ago. It was a huge red maple that blew over in a storm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Glad to hear you out waited your disappointment and tackled your project 3 times, wow. That is outstanding figure and work. A cherry stand will compliment the rails and stils. Krenov would be happy.

Bill

Here's a question for the collective. I'm going to make the pulls for the doors. My question is would you go with something dark like ebony which I have a piece that I can get them from, or something like maybe cherry burl, I think I have some around here some place. I've also got some killer ambrosia maple that would work. I guess my main concern is using wood that's to dark and the contrast not working. I don't want the eye taken away from the panel because of the knob. I also have some small brass pulls, not the bright brass more of an aged brass if you think that will work better.

I'm horrible at this stuff.

Thanks

by the way I was going to go with glass shelves until I priced glass:eek: WOW!

Well I looked and looked and couldn't decide.....so I asked the wife. She liked the ambrosia, so that's what I went with!

Here's a close up of the pulls and the cabinet with a couple coats of finish. I've got to finish this so I can get it in the house so I can start on the stand.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

pulls.jpgcabinet finish.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice work. I am glad you stayed with a light finish on the rest of the piece. that is what I was secretly rooting for ;-) You will be glad you held out for the figure you wanted in the rails and stiles. If you hadn't it would haunt you every time you walked by it. DAMHIKT.