WHOA - It IS FRIDAY - SUP?

Leo Voisine

Working on a maple leaf retirement plaque. This makes 4 major retirement plaques since March this year.

Also some yard work with a CAT, skidder and about 60 yards of fill and loam

MAN - I DO need to get back to the shed and get that finished up.

Started Friday by making a final decision on new sofa and loveseat for our family room.

I'm also working on my first effort in cutting aluminum on my CNC. It's a small door bracket for one of our Edison Diamond Disc phonographs.

Saturday will include some shop time on CNC projects - name plaques mainly. Then, settle in to watch the Daytona Coke 400 race.

Sunday - lazy day!!!

Happy to report that I am feeling much better and getting caught up on some projects. Call it remedial maintenance of a personal nature. It has been challenging to learn how to take better care of myself.

Have to do some needed things around the ol' tin can. Have to show the park people proof of mobility. That means move the rig. Not a small or quick undertaking or without a physical exertion that has eluded me for a while.

Hope to get some CNC cabinet time in this weekend. Working on the vacuum plumbing and the wiring.

And starting the drawings to remodel the kitchen and dining area of the rig in anticipation of its sale later this year. Got news this last week that I might hear about the variance issue from the county soon. It its a 'yes', then off to the architect for the drawings and call in the tractor guys for foundation work. It not, I will be house shopping. It is time to move into a better living situation.

now that the cnc has a permanent brain, picked up some cheap speakers (tunes ya know!), and hope to get my signs done today, and back to working on the furniture cuts.

Still fighting the cold, but feeling a lot better. May go to some friends tonight to watch some fireworks. Tomorrow we pickup the Grandson and have him most of the weekend. It's supposed to rain A LOT so not sure what we'll be doing just yet. We also have a family reunion in town, but not sure how I'll be feeling so not decided if we'll go yet.

Today was spent shopping and stuff like that. Finished getting the food for the 4th as I am having a cookout for some family and friends here. Nothing special. Just burgers slow smoked on pecan and mesquite for about an hour. Or more. And, of course gotta have some hot dogs. Homemade spud salad and beans. Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, Cream Soda. Simple, good, fun. Can't beat that. Over the weekend I'll be finishing up some pieces and doing some more cleanup.

Well i used the holiday here to get some shop time. Boy did i enjoy myself.
Its so good to have a place to play in again.

Pulled a heck of a long 6/3 cable to shop. Then mounted my panel "arrangement" to get power out of the existing house panel.
Started on the shop panel , its going to be a semi movable panel.
So soon i will have power in the shop,

Tomorrow i am going to Blue Jays baseball game downtown Toronto with a few friends, we were given 4 tickets supposed to be good seats.

Sunday i hope to get more shop time.

Started the long weekend playing a private party tonight. It was on the back patio at a nice hacienda on a few acres in the valley of Albuquerque, couple of good Frisbee throws from the Rio Grande. We got a bit of rain, but nothing we couldn't work around. I've attached a couple of pics below that LOML took before dark.

Saturday is going to be more music time...working on new cover songs for a new project.

Sunday and Monday are still up in the air, but I hope to make more progress on my garage/shop setup.

IMG_1446 1024.jpg IMG_1447 1024.jpg

Super crazy weekend. Been working with 6 or 7 other Lions to design and get our float ready for the parade on the 4th. We are making hamburgs and hot dogs Sunday evening for the fireworks crowd then off to another guys house to start making popcorn for the festivities on the 4th. Making more hot dogs and burgers at our booth on the village green. My wife Marilyn is in charge of the kids bicycle decorating contest and parade as well as the dog parade. I don't know which is more challenging. Herding 50 3 and 4 year old kids with bikes or a pack of dogs on leashes held by little kids :rofl:

Started a month long hiatus from my market to fix some things around the house. Put up the trim around the ceiling of the master bedroom yesterday, got to start the master bathroom after breakfast. That'll take most of the day as there are so many cuts.... don't know which project I'll start tomorrow yet.

Nothing major planned here. Got my stitches out from surgery this past Monday and worked four days this week. Finished up my in home physical therapy Friday morning and I am feeling pretty good at this point. I still have a good bit of swelling around my knee so there is pain that comes and goes if I'm on my feet for a long time. So, all that to say that I probably won't be spending a lot of time in the shop but I do have a few plans for the weekend. Biggest deal is the cookout my daughter is having at her place Sunday. I need to prep and marinate some coconut shrimp skewers for that. Gonna make a trip to the BORG sometime today to pick up a couple of things and then I'm going to attempt to hang a couple of window blinds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk