Aquarium Stand

Joe Acquisto

I started a another post about the bar cabinets. This is the 480 Gallon Aquarium Stand that go's along with it. I sill need to finished the canopy for it which will go right to the ceiling . 2016-07-02 15.12.15.jpg2016-07-02 15.12.39.jpg

I told him that is out of his mine to put that in his house. Very understanding wife. The floor is well beefed up with I beams and posts that are in a concrete footer. He should be OK. I only built the stand panels. The frame is 2x2 steel as you can see in the picture.
2016-05-25 17.40.02.jpg

I told him that is out of his mine to put that in his house.

:rofl:

Yeah, I have a friend who had a salt water aquarium that wasn't quite that large (200g maybe?) but needed a ~2000g secondary pool in the basement to recirculate through (I don't understand the details... he explained it once but it was complicated). The amount of time and money spent on that project was mindblowing. I think he had it for ~5 years before it finally got to be to much.

Thanks, Once the Canopy is on it going to change the look of it. I should have it finished by the end of the week. The bar area( He call's it the milk shake bar he don't drink) still need to the back splash,Counter top.and the Refrigerator to be installed. You can follow along on my Facebook page JMAwoodworks
6.jpg

Last edited:
480 gallons? I had a 40 gallon once and thought that was big.

480 gallons of water is about 3600 pounds not counting everything else in there.

I do hope "beefed up" in significant.

It is a very impressive project.