Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating Life

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Celebrating Life

Rob's post about loosing a friend prompted me to make this post. A week and a half ago my older brother passed away and I have been grieving along with the rest of the family. We all grieve in different ways . Bud and I grew up with our third brother Bill who was the eldest. He was killed in a traffic accident when I was but a teen so that brought the two of us closer. I have not posted sooner because I have been spending my idle time remembering. Remembering walking to school with my brothers, remembering building snow forts and having snow ball fights, walking to the Saturday afternoon show. Going fishing with our Dad all good times. I was his best man and he mine. I am the God father to his oldest son who is now 50 years old. I learned a lot from him and I hope he from me we had very different lives but we stayed close to the end.
    My Brother Bud leaves 4 children 8 grand kids and 1 great grand kid. He did not want a funeral. He just wanted to be cremated and his ashes kept some where where his kids might visit him.
    His kids are honoring his wishes his ashes will be kept in Las Vegas where two of his kids live along with most of his grand kids. My nephews and nice are going to have a celebration of life get together in Las Vegas in November around Buds Birthday and I think that Bud would like it that way. My two younger sister and younger brother will be joining them to help celebrate Buds life.

By the way He was a woodworker.

Attached is a small picture of my two brothers and me I must have been about 5. Bill is in the back seat Bud is in the passenger seat and I am behind the wheel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	driving.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	96473
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Thomasville, GA
    Our condolences for your loss, Don. It's great to have such fond memories so Bud lives on.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

East Freeetown, Massachusetts
    Yes, do understand. My sister and I were close when we were younger too. Her excesses pulled everything apart, and she dies at 53 years old.

It's a shame.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Sorry for your loss Don. Bud sounds like a great brother to have had and sounds like you two made great memories and each lived great lives to reflect back upon.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Parker County, Texas
    Sorry for your loss, Don. Like Darren said, it sounds like he was a good brother and you have many fond memories. Again, sorry for your loss.

Reno NV
    That's got to be a rough one Don. Condolences to you and yours.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

GTA Ontario Canada
    My condolences on your brothers passing Don. I agree celebrate his life and as Carol so wisely said cherish those good times you had together. Seems there were quite a few through the years. All the best.

Yorktown, Virginia
    Our condolences on your family's loss, Don. The passing of someone close sure leaves a hole in your heart.

ABQ NM
    Very sorry to see this news, Don. Sending my best wishes for peace and comfort to you and all of your brother's family.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Sorry for your loss Don.
    Faith, Hope & Charity