Delta Muliti Tool-Drill,Tablesaw,Jointer,Sander Etc

Never saw it before but it's a simpler version of the Shopsmith. I had a Shopsmith and loved it until changing operations became too troublesome. You can find used Shopsmiths on Craigs List for cheap $.
It may work OK but I can't imagine you could get parts for it very easily. I it was $100 I'd possibly buy it just to have an extra tool in the garage :dunno:

I'd agree with Bob, too much trouble to spend that kind of money on except from maybe a collector's stand point. I've seen better used table saws and drill presses for around the same price. The jointer table is also pretty short, I think you could get as good of finish, if not better, with some used hand planes sharpened and setup correctly. I'd lean more towards the shop smith if anything, but personally wouldn't invest in it. :wave:

I am reminded once again of wise words Carol spoke at burning woods 2013 i think it was. That when a tool is so adjustable its such that it fits with the marketing aims of the product and company not its application which always ends up a royal compromise on performance of any one feature.
Since this awakening i am highly allergic to the singing dancing tools or machines. For that reason i would pass.

Sheesh! I'm getting quoted a lot lately. Thinking I must talk too much. :rofl:
Well i want you to know i pay attention when you say something and i am not about to take credit for your words so its only right to mention the source. I aint shy to admit i learn from others, heck were it not for mentors or other people i would never have made it in life. Schooling aint what its cracked up to be inmo and until meeting many here i have always been a bit rebellious, so you having a good effect on me. Lol...thanks.

The saw and jointer are always ready to go the drill and sander sit on the table and use a belt on the arbor. The drill and sander can be set up as stand alone tools so, a good deal still and can't go too wrong with Delta.
Dave

If you are missing just one of those tools it will cost you at least $100 of the two hundred. It looks like a good buy and if down the road if change overs bother you, you can always sell it. And by the way I own 2 Shop Smiths. I would drive down the road and get the Delta.

Yep Im lining up the trip for very soon!! I dont have a jointer at all..My drill press and tablesaw aint the best at all so I think this is a good deal for me! Then I can pass on my dp and ts to my son.