HF Electric Pole Saw

Bob Gibson

I love this thing !!!!!!!!!!

I've been cleaning up the yard a bit getting ready for all you wonderful folks coming to visit. My yard is in the woods surrounded by, maple, oak, birch, shag bark hickory, poplar and pine. Branches have been growing like crazy creating a canopy like feeling to my yard so I took out my manual pole saw and started sawing and cutting. Reality smacked me between the eyes. I'm getting old, and my arms wear out easier than they did a few years ago.

Anyway, after feeling a bit sorry for myseld I decided to try the HF electric version. What a workhorse :eek: I did (overdid) the whole yard in about a third the time the manual version would of taken me. Lots of power and torque. I have no reservations in recommending this tool.

It was on sale for $84, less 20% coupon and a free flashlight :D

I had clost to 200" of 14ga extension cord with no problem at all.

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-amp-electric-pole-saw-62896.html

Y'know these electric tools really seem to be coming into their own in the last couple of years. Thanks for the good review!

A few folks on the HF site said that the oil reservoir was small and needed to be refilled frequently, I guess that makes sense though on a pole saw you wouldn't want to have to have a huge bucket of oil out there at the end of the pole making it heavier than it needs to be.

Thanks for the review. I'm going to be in the market in a few months for something to prune our fruit trees. I wasn't looking forward to using a manual pole saw.

I need one of these. Still have a lot of damaged trees from a very thick heavy snowfall last winter I need to clean up after.

Thanks for the tip!

I picked one up earlier today using the sale price and the 25% off coupon, came out to about $69 with tax (which I just realized is almost 10% across the highway from me :doh:). I just got it assembled and cleared a few limbs that have been rubbing on the metal roof of the shop, man, I'm sold! :thumb:

It's low enough amp draw I can running it off my backup generator, so just need to git it loaded in the yard trailer and pull it out around the yard to do some trimming by the road where I've been putting it off a few years now. ;)

That looks like just what I need too... I have a couple of electric chain saws for around the shop, but wasn't looking forward to climbing up on a ladder with a chainsaw to trim some droopy limbs... might have to look into one.

I had one of those manual jobs that was actually a lopper on a pole... you hooked the blade over the limb and pulled down on a rope... When I was still living in Houston, I trimmed some trees in the back yard....I was using my belly as a brace for the end of the pole and wound up creating an umbilical hernia that grew over the next few years to the point that I required emergency surgery.... that was three or four years back, but now I have a scar about 8 inches long that looks as if I've been gutted like a fish.

Got mine yesterday. Really amazed how well it works.

Also, seems like it would come in handy during the coming zombie apocalypse assuming there is electricity available.

Does it come with a picker upper for all the trimming...lol

That is the major issue with many tools :bang: I have had good luck with HF tools that get only occasional use. My HF 3 hp motor for my table saw gets salutes everytime I use it, as do several others but I would never get the whole table saw, or lathe. Sounds like you made a wise choice for your needs. Use your manual trimmer, clipper annually and you will be fine at that price.